What are you playing?

For your Wargames Wittering
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

What are you playing?

Post by Jeremy »

We have threads for just about every other activity, so it makes sense to have one for this.

Off to Christen Jamanicus’ new gaming table this afternoon. Playing WaT. Time for him to learn the true meaning of Tiger Fear! :kill:
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Paul »

I'm currently buried under boxes of stuff as the War Room is getting a much needed rebuild to add storage and remove a sofa. So for the next couple of weeks i'm going wargames cold turkey!
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Nothing this weekend, but the coming week is going to be wall-to-wall gaming. Having tried WaT at Salute last month, I'm going to be playing it at a mate's house on Tuesday night. Then, on Friday lunchtime, it's off to Nottingham to play a few games with the Perrys (and buy them a curry or a Thai on Saturday evening), before helping out with their "Germantown" game at Partizan on the Sunday. And meeting up with Kerry, Andy, Simon, Timmo and a few others.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Yeah, WaT is on top of the gecko vivarium in my bung. Which means it's next to get a good reading. Need to bring some tanks over and a bit of scenery and hope to have a game with the wife.

Other than that I have a ton of painting to do to get my warbands ready for Saga v2.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:59 am Nothing this weekend, but the coming week is going to be wall-to-wall gaming. Having tried WaT at Salute last month, I'm going to be playing it at a mate's house on Tuesday night. Then, on Friday lunchtime, it's off to Nottingham to play a few games with the Perrys (and buy them a curry or a Thai on Saturday evening), before helping out with their "Germantown" game at Partizan on the Sunday. And meeting up with Kerry, Andy, Simon, Timmo and a few others.
That sounds brilliant, what rules do they play? BP?
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Nothing planned this week, but I'm off to play in a VBCW game with the jolly nice chaps from the VBCW Forum at Partizan next weekend. Then club on the following Tuesday and my first game of Saga. I've heard great things about Saga for a while now, so I bought the rules last week and it looks great.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

valleyboy wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:08 am That sounds brilliant, what rules do they play? BP?
I'm assuming so, yes, as it seems to be their default H&M ruleset. They do play British Grenadier as well, but not for some time I think.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

See you at Partizan, too, RMD!

(You did get SAGA 2, and not the original edition, right?)
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:48 am See you at Partizan, too, RMD!

(You did get SAGA 2, and not the original edition, right?)
Not if I see you first... :finger:

Yes, apparently so! I had no idea there were two editions and it doesn't obviously state 2nd Edition on the cover, but it includes rules for mounted combat, javelins, etc (which apparently were in supplements and not in the 1st Edition), so seems to be the 2nd Edition.

I'm VERY impressed with the 'Aetius and Arthur' supplement. I always loved the Warhammer Arthurian supplement, even though I hate Warhammer, and this seems equally well-written, with a great campaign that I'm looking forward to playing.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

A pre-Partizan trial game of Garibaldi with Purps (Garibaldi) and Goat (Bourbon reactionary scum) which started with a strong showing from the Bourbons seizing the monastery early on but ended with a magnificently timed charge led by Garibaldi in person through the Monastery garden:

with die rolls (white = Garibaldi) that reversed a potentially climatic Bourbon advantage:
I get lockdown, but I get up again.