What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

What are people buying?

Post by Buff Orpington »

I have just done a deal with an ex GW staffer for some old studio scenery including Nigel Stillman's Tilean Tower.
Tilean tower.png
Tilean tower.png (235.25 KiB) Viewed 18283 times
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Zenbadger
Gaynor

Re: What are people buying?

Post by Zenbadger »

I've not seen that in a while, nice purchase.

I have just bought some H&R 6mm WW2 British deserty stuff, Grants, Crusaders etc.

And more Space Marines of course...
Vintage Wargaming
PurpleBot

Post by Vintage Wargaming »

Well apart from a bunch of original Hinton Hunt figures (Napoleonics - 71 foot and 40 mounted including Baraguay d'Hilliers, the only personality figure I didn't have, plus 3 Hinchliffe 20mm guns)and ECW - (75 foot and 29 horse including two generals)I won over 100 of these:

IMG_5686.JPG
IMG_5686.JPG (183.4 KiB) Viewed 18266 times
IMG_5684.JPG
IMG_5684.JPG (80.47 KiB) Viewed 18266 times

which almost unbelievably are Grove and Benoy Highlanders.

If you want to know a little more about the significance of Grove and Benoy figures read this short article by Harry Pearson on Vintage Wargaming:

http://vintagewargaming.blogspot.co.uk/ ... gures.html

They give me a bit of a problem as to what to do with them - some are missing some of their original paint, but I don't think it is sensible to try to touch this up; at the moment I'm thinking of washing them carefully with a cotton bud and some distilled water - the photos are poor but you can see some of the figures are quite dirty/dusty.

Originally the figures had metal stands but I have been unable to find any picture of these, I would like to find some way of getting some movement stands made for them.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Lovely figures. You're a very lucky man.

Iain
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Vintage - Were there only British figures, or both (all three?) sides for the Peninsula range? Either way, a stunning purchase.

I haven't forgotten the S range stuff and am trying to work out a way of getting them up to you without entrusting expensive couriers and the like.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Well my terrain deal got dropped off today. I hadn't paid much attention to any of it but the tower. I have to say that I am well chuffed.. I know that Paul has seen these pics on FB but I thought I would share them here.
20170924_114617.jpg
20170924_114617.jpg (234.64 KiB) Viewed 18205 times
20170924_114254.jpg
20170924_114254.jpg (238.07 KiB) Viewed 18205 times
20170924_114234.jpg
20170924_114234.jpg (239.17 KiB) Viewed 18205 times
Last edited by Buff Orpington on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Subedai
Fallen Woman

Post by Subedai »

From flea bay I bought some 6mm trees and a pkt each of 6mm French WW II inf and heavy weapons for my fledgling 1940's stuff. Apart from that I'm saving my pocket pennies for SELWG next month.
MickS
Vintage Wargaming
PurpleBot

Post by Vintage Wargaming »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:36 am Vintage - Were there only British figures, or both (all three?) sides for the Peninsula range? Either way, a stunning purchase.

I haven't forgotten the S range stuff and am trying to work out a way of getting them up to you without entrusting expensive couriers and the like.
Hi BvW sorry had missed this.

There were French figures but I only have one, which is an officer painted as British. The figures I bought earlier or got passed on to me by Harry Pearson are British Line centre and light companies, plus a few Rifles -officers and men. I also have Spanish ladies, mules and muleteers, and the famous Spanish priest. I have a few cavalry horses but sadly no riders. I'm not sure if there were Spanish army figures as well as civilians.

I'm aware of eighteen figures in Australia, eight British and ten French with British paint jobs which I was offered a year ago, but they were asking £3 a figure which was too greedy - these ones cost me 60-80p each, though only because no one else realised what they were.

I'm going to try a little test with carefully cleaning up one or two figures to see if it makes a difference. I might also get the other figures out to photograph them all together.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Two bazooka men with loaders, 28mm Crusader Miniatures US GI's. Building up my GI squads, need a sniper an MMG team and maybe a mortar. Hoping to be able to do a Saving Private Ryan scenario at some point.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Some Dark Age cavalry for Lion Rampant and the Postal Workers Rocket for my Ayton ‘19 forces. All from Footsore Miniatures. I received a free Guinevere figure as a result and she will find her way into an army somewhere