Bit of a Poser

For your Wargames Wittering
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: Bit of a Poser

Post by Paul »

Back on topic, I like firing lines. Perrys 40mm British Light Infantryman loading is my favourite.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

grizzlymc wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:33 pmNil all draw
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

There's a Les Higgins WSS variant which is a most splendid marching figure. He's been dubbed 'The Yomper'. Probably my favourite pose of all time.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

grizzlymc wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 am I like my infantry marching, except skirmishers who should be half advancing and half firing. Cavalry, I like charging wildly.
Suppose 6mm can be anything you want it to be. :thumbs:
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

I generally like the at the ready pose for my Shinny line infantry and firing pose for skirmishers, both 54mm and 42mm.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

tim.w wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 pm
grizzlymc wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 am I like my infantry marching, except skirmishers who should be half advancing and half firing. Cavalry, I like charging wildly.
Suppose 6mm can be anything you want it to be. :thumbs:
COTOTS reminds you that thought like that is of the devil and you will spend some of eternity with your ghoulies in contact with the hot rocks of hell for it.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

I like a march attack pose but I do thank that advancing at high porte looks good provided there's variation. Early on in AB days I generally went for advancing poses but got a bit fed up trying to fit the advancing with levelled muskets onto bases and then re- straightening their bayonets once they came out of the box
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

The sheep shagger speaks much wisdom. One can see why they did not march around the battlefield in march attack, the bayonets would have done carnage to the front rank.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

tim.w wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:42 pm I generally like the at the ready pose for my Shinny line infantry.....
Is that for the Irish War of Independence, or a more recent conflict? Or just for Celtic v Rangers games?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Essex Boy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:07 pm There's a Les Higgins WSS variant which is a most splendid marching figure. He's been dubbed 'The Yomper'. Probably my favourite pose of all time.
The Dixon 15mm Marlburian range has a little marching figure that sounds exactly the same. Couldn't get enough of them when I was younger. Sadly, also couldn't paint enough of them.....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.