The ECW

For your Wargames Wittering
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Re: The ECW

Post by HMS Priapus »

Covenanters seem boring, strictly that is, from the thought of painting endless amounts of gray brown.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

The eternal prayer sessions could get tedious too.
MarshalNey
Gaynor

Post by MarshalNey »

yawn.......
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

I've finally started painting my 15mm ECW. Done the first base of Covenanters (pike) basing as for DBR after deciding I needed separate pike and shotte elements. Need flags!

I'm still a bit torn whether to base cavalry all as x3 to a 40mm frontage or differentiate heavies x4 to a base and dragoons/lights x3 to a base. Guessing Scots lancers could count as lights?
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Technically ECW cavalry except hesselriggs lobsters are medium.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

FreddBloggs wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:22 am Technically ECW cavalry except hesselriggs lobsters are medium.
Yes that's the thing to get your head round when you're so used to DbN. It'll be more about their quality generally than their 'weight' as I understand. Might just have the Lobsters as a x4 but then they are the trickiest to fit 4 on the base.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

I'd think Armoured might be Heavy a'la DBN, but everything else might be Light. Me & Alex tried a DBECW rulesheet, got somewhere with it, not sure if we sorted it though.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Trouble is with making them all light, how do you differentiate Cromwells and Ruperts Impact horse, from dragoons and Scottish lancers and borders cavalry.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Indeed. We tried it by varying the result of winning/losing a melee, depending on who was involved.