Shiver Your Mainbrace - LAW going Nautical

For Loose Games & Shows.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Shiver Your Mainbrace - LAW going Nautical

Post by Essex Boy »

Paul wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:50 pm I'm committed to the shinies too, but I thought that it was Toy soldiers on one day and something else on the other? If the something else is a big hotel/whisky game then we should all commit to that.
Understood. I don't know the answer..........no surprises there then.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

I'm definitely still on for this game, but am unfortunately not getting to Frammie this year.
Depending on what you guys get up to there (...) I think this might warrant a get-together of its own in a decent-sized room.

There were quite a few people interested, and plenty of ideas, and ships, going around.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

OK lets not rush to get in for Fram then. Also having looked at the Framlingham thread again Tim has a Normandy game planned for one day and I think it's better to get everyone involved in big games rather than water it all down by having little games.
We'll aim for somewhen in 2019 for Naval Action so if people have possible dates and venues lets hear them :)
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

A Nautical 2019?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Paul wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:37 am OK lets not rush to get in for Fram then. Also having looked at the Framlingham thread again Tim has a Normandy game planned for one day and I think it's better to get everyone involved in big games rather than water it all down by having little games.
We'll aim for somewhen in 2019 for Naval Action so if people have possible dates and venues lets hear them :)
Right-oh.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

No probs if you guys do get a chance to have a go at Framlingham, you might even reach an agreement on which rules to use!
For a bigger collective bash I think we should start looking at Jan-March dates (which could make it weather-dependent of course), and for a small hall or large room to hire. LT had some ideas for Newark, and there's always Purps' village hall near Grantham where people marry their siblings or domestic animals on the quiet. :vblove:
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

World2dave wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 pm No probs if you guys do get a chance to have a go at Framlingham, you might even reach an agreement on which rules to use!
If i'm organising it, it will be "Kiss Me Hardy" as that covers all the ship types much more comprehensively the BB&IB and has that fun element needed for LAW games.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Apparently TFL are working on a v2 of Kiss Me Hardy. They're aiming to streamline some of the mechanisms, and there've been a lot of requests for additional focus on single/small ship actions. Sounds good, and might be available in time for us.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Easter I heard...
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

It sounds like a Post Ayton date might be best.