Whiskey/Hotel game 2019 - Day 1.

For Loose Games & Shows.
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Re: Whiskey/Hotel game 2019 - Day 1.

Post by Norman D. Landings »

A telex, you say? OooOoooh. Bet they’ve got pagers an’all.

It’s all getting a bit spiritual down Kumbayah way. His Excessiveness the Bishop is creating all sorts of disturbance in the Gange, and now the Ju-Ju Methodists have apparently found enough in the collection plate to have heavyweight contractors returning their calls.

President Comrade General N’Dahwehlahweh has been non-commital on the subject of religion. As long as the USSR was happy to bankroll N’Dahwehlahweh’s opposition to M’Tumbo’s regime, he was content to toe the Godless Communist party line.
When the Red Army decided to initiate unprovoked hostilities against pro-N’Dahwehlahwehan forces, however, the President Comrade General showed no hesitation whatsoever in appealing, very publicly to the mighty power of UJUJU.
This gives him some degree of spiritual kinship with the Ju-Ju Methodists...

However, there are claims under the Bishop’s guiding hand, Essextown’s orphanage was a child soldier factory.
President Comrade General N’Dahwehlahweh thinks this criticism is unfair, inasmuch as it fails to recognise that it was the BEST CHILD SOLDIER FACTORY IN AFRICA!
The President would not be averse to reinstating that particular brand of old-time religion...

President Comrade General N’Dahwehlahweh is indebted to Rhodieland for installing him in power... with the significant caveat that the rest of the world thinks Rhodieland is a massive dick. This kind of limits the President’s options when looking for foreign support.
Having said that, much supposed foreign support has taken the form of vague promises, whereas Rhodieland’s support tends to manifest promptly, wearing short shorts & carrying FN FALs.
Decisions, decisions...
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Yes, there is something substantial about an FN that promises can't match.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

It's been nearly 30 years since I last carried an SLR but I could still strip one and put it back together in the dark.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

I suppose post cold war defence spending cuts meant they couldn't afford light bulbs or electricity.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Safe journey to Eastern-West-Southern Africa gentlemen.

Remember, Saturday is all about, peace, prosperity and co-operation in helping to make Kumbahyah and its 2nd city Essextown the No.1 place to live in Africa!
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Yes. Yes it is.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Norman D. Landings wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:46 pm Ganje airways inspired me to have a dekko at aerial options (too late for this year, but future consideration)
The Works is flogging Revell’s Lockheed Ventura in 1/48 - available in the USN PV-1 version, or the RAF MkII - for £15. Seems quite suitable for Richard Harris to run after.
That's the backbone of Ganjairs Airfreight fleet. I got mine for £7 plus postage last year when it seemed clear I wasn't going to get a Dakota for less than £25.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Bishop Jules N'Duna would like to make it clear that he does not employ child soldiers for his security detail...they're all grown up now.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

tim.w wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am Safe journey to Eastern-West-Southern Africa gentlemen.

Remember, Saturday is all about, peace, prosperity and co-operation in helping to make Kumbahyah and its 2nd city Essextown the No.1 place to live in Africa!
Shouldn't we all just spend the day sitting around a table diplomacying it all up then?
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

To quote Jeff Goldblum in ‘Jurassic Park’:

“That’s how it starts.... then later, there’s running, and screaming...”