VBCW Ayton 3rd May 2019 Organisation Thread

For Loose Games & Shows.
World2dave
Jezebel

Re: VBCW Ayton 3rd May 2019 Organisation Thread

Post by World2dave »

MarshalNey wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 am I was tempted to bring the sombrero boys but that might have been pushing it to far.
Jeremy says that with his BUM you can't push it too far.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

A sombrero up the BUM would be almost as bad as industrial strength curry powder.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

My BUM is engorged with all sorts of wickedness, the kind of things that would make Father Patrick go blind. And mad. And they are ready to be excreted all over Purp’s fine new cloths next weekend.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

One teeny little question about anti tank weapons, The main rules say that anti tank rifles are at a +1 penalty to hit, as are AT guns if they pivot to face the target. Does this still apply?
A lesser man than me might quibble as to how a puny little 13.9 mm AT rifle can do as much damage as a 45 mm tank gun but we're all friends here.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

The rules aren’t simulation by any means and the AT is very simplistic. I think we can live with it. Tanks aren’t particularly good at all
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Buff, it’s not really a problem because statistically, you’ll only hit 3 times out of 10 with an AT Rifle and 2 times out of 10 if you move.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

goat major wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:58 am Ken you’ll notice in the rules folder there is a Mexican hospital rule. Always thinking of you...
Interesting article in today's Guardian about Mexico being the top cricketing nation in S America - despite having only one pitch. (Hey, Fredd - how about a set of cricketers in sombreros?)
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

goat major wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:52 pm
goat major wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm I'm starting to upload some documents into a shared folder - rules extras, flowchart for firing vs vehicles, QRS (official). I'll add some more over the next few days. You don't need to print anything but you should be able to read them here if you want to in advance. Everyone will have a roster sheet with any special rules for their own forces on it. LT is proving events cards

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlNVP-ofEv92rMRzlqqabQAWR_dk9A
Requoted because of page turn
Smart move that man.

I’ve almost finished a deck of around 40 event cards, some featuring local characters. None of them are too-earth shattering, just enough to cause minor nuisance and irritation throughout the day to increase your fun, pleasure and swearing intensity. :D

Jeremy - you were going to send me a list of some civvy models you have?
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Yes, will do now LT
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

levied troop wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 am
goat major wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:52 pm
goat major wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm I'm starting to upload some documents into a shared folder - rules extras, flowchart for firing vs vehicles, QRS (official). I'll add some more over the next few days. You don't need to print anything but you should be able to read them here if you want to in advance. Everyone will have a roster sheet with any special rules for their own forces on it. LT is proving events cards

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlNVP-ofEv92rMRzlqqabQAWR_dk9A
Requoted because of page turn
Smart move that man.

I’ve almost finished a deck of around 40 event cards, some featuring local characters. None of them are too-earth shattering, just enough to cause minor nuisance and irritation throughout the day to increase your fun, pleasure and swearing intensity. :D

Jeremy - you were going to send me a list of some civvy models you have?
PM Sent