LAW Holiday!

For Loose Games & Shows.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

LAW Holiday!

Post by Essex Boy »

World2dave wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:48 pm Top notch stuff again Andy, it's looking like a very nice project.

We need to all book a week off and rent a 10 bedroom place with a big table and a bar.
That way we can have a games fest and fit in all the good ideas people keep having!
This brilliant idea was mentioned a couple of years ago. I started looking for suitable places but got distracted and stuff. We need a small LAW team to explore the possibilities. Out of season perhaps.

E
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

LAW Holiday!

Post by Jeremy »

I’m in!
Paul
Grizzly Madam

LAW Holiday!

Post by Paul »

Essex Boy wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 pm
World2dave wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:48 pm Top notch stuff again Andy, it's looking like a very nice project.

We need to all book a week off and rent a 10 bedroom place with a big table and a bar.
That way we can have a games fest and fit in all the good ideas people keep having!
This brilliant idea was mentioned a couple of years ago. I started looking for suitable places but got distracted and stuff. We need a small LAW team to explore the possibilities. Out of season perhaps.

E
There is Ellemford Estates up here which would be ideal if people wanted to bring spouses/significant others. It's 9 ensuite double bedrooms and has at least two rooms which could be purposed for games. Prices off season aren't too bad but as it's a rental for the whole house it starts to look very pricey if we didn't get a full 18 people, including non-playing guests. It has the added attraction of overlooking the final muster point for James IVs army before Flodden. It could work but would need some careful planning and commitment to travel to the Borders :)
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

LAW Holiday!

Post by Jeremy »

Paul, could you get some preliminary numbers? I’d be keen
Paul
Grizzly Madam

LAW Holiday!

Post by Paul »

Ellemford Estates would be around £3000 !!! for a week so only really works for people plus spouses (ie 18 people). However I have also found Whitehall West Lodge which would suit 7 gamers if some people didn't mind sharing or 5 if they did. It seems to have a couple of rooms which could be used for gaming and off season is around £8-900 per week.

Note to Andy: Could this discussion be moved to it's own LAW Holiday thread so it doesn't clog up your Gallery?
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

LAW Holiday!

Post by Jeremy »

I’d be in for £200 for a week’s worth of gaming.

5 people, each one puts on a game each day, taking turns. Then big games on the remaining days
Last edited by Jeremy on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Re: LAW Holiday!

Post by Count Belisarius »

OK. That's the main posts over. I'll delete any odd ones off the old thread.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Count Belisarius wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:49 pm OK. That's the main posts over. I'll delete any odd ones off the old thread.
Cheers muchly :)
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Thank you Andy for doing computer stuff, and thank you Paul for some possible venues.

This is my perspective on the idea..........

I think a week's wargaming with me mates is a great idea, and one or two different games each day during the week is a splendid prospect. But, moving scenery and armies around the country takes a bit of time and money and, purely for selfish reasons, I think we should aim for somewhere in middle England, or godforsaken Yorkshire.

I will of course happily travel to Scotland, but without me toys, if that's where we decide to meet.

E
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I have plenty of scenery for most scales and periods up here so it would just be peoples armies to be shifted if it was near here.