The Other ShedCon, 16/17 November 2019

For Loose Games & Shows.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: The Other ShedCon, 2019?

Post by Essex Boy »

Very happy to play whatever game is chosen.

Two days is my vote.

I have no inclination to try to churn out figures for an old school game this year. Definitely put me down for one next year.

Iain
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

garyp wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:47 pm There was some discussion at Ayton about what we might do at this year's ShedCon. Unfortunately, with at least 10 of us I'm not sure we'll have enough forces to stage an old school Napoleonic game, unless Tim and EB crank out quite a lot in the meantime. I suspect something 18th century would be best. Besides, I'd like an excuse to get this lot on the table

IMG_20190514_143705055_640x480.jpg

There was also a suggestion of a 54mm FIW skirmish on the Sunday, courtesy of Tim - do people want a second day and are you OK with this Tim?
If people want to do it I am happy to bring the toys along.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Oh, go on then.
garyp
PurpleBot

Re: The Other ShedCon, 16/17 November 2019

Post by garyp »

Gentlemen, just to bring this back to people's attention, I can confirm that the weekend of 16th and 17th November is booked in the diary. I will set up a nice little 18th century action for the Saturday, probably some Anglo-Hanoverian on French action and Tim H will bring his wonderful FIW toys for a large skirmish action for the Sunday.
As far as I can tell, the following are down to come:
EB, Peeler, W2D, Purps, Tim W, Tim H, Jeremy and me, with GM and the Count as possible/probable. My pal Iain will also probably be there. That's probably about as many as we can handle, I would think. Could you just let me know if I've got this wrong or if, for example, you might only make 1 day of the two

For those staying, either 1 night or 2, I would propose curry Friday, Turkish Saturday, as last year. I'll wait until closer to the time to book it. Lunch catering will probably be similar to last year, i.e. build your own from a fridge full of assorted ingredients.

If anyone disagrees with any of this, or has a burning desire to play something different, please let me know.
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I'll be there.

I may pass on the Turkish food and meet you for beers after. Nothing against Turkish food, it's just the sheer volume of food we consume on our weekends........and I'm not missing out on the curry.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

PS Andy, would you mind adding this to the LAW diary?
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

I'm a definite for the event. At the moment I'm only there sat night but Turkish sounds delightful. All sounds brilliant - really looking forward to it Gary.
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Friday and Monday pre and post Shedcon officially booked off work.

Gary are we settled on the games being 18th Cen and Tim's FIW? May I borrow some figures? I'd happily knock a unit out to bring along too, hate coming completely empty handed.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

Tim, I'm working on the assumption that, with the exception of Hotel, no-one need bring any figures. I certainly have enough 18th century stuff to keep 10 people occupied! If anyone wants to bring a unit or two that's fine, 24-30 man infantry, 12 cavalry. Just let me know in advance please so I can adjust the scenario accordingly.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Not me. I'm bringing nuffing, except my dodgy dice.