Important update to Renaissance dice (05-11-18)

For trading your quality goods
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Important update to Renaissance dice (05-11-18)

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Norman - after the first "hilarious" mix-up, your dice were sent out again, and.....delivered back to me again! This may possibly be the result of them employing "seasonal" workers. I have foregone the pleasure of putting a sarcastic note about using the address on the same side as the feckin' stamp, rather than the one that has "Sender" written above it (and underlined) in order to prevent any form or retaliation - along the same lines as criticising the venue that prepares your food - and merely repackaged it and sent it again. Third time lucky, eh?
Last edited by BaronVonWreckedoften on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

Jesus Jones.

Some dense twunt’s going to take a good hard look at the stamp and deliver it to a random pub called “The Queen’s Head”.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

I've just posted it for the third time and been given a "heads up" from one of the staff at Haslemere's main post office. Apparently, this happened a lot (as in A FECKIN' LOT) over the Xmas period, and was some sort of combination of seasonal workers who do not have English as their first language and misuse of the sorting machinery, being given the wrong side to "read". What you have to do, apparently, is put a cross of some sort through the "sender's address" so that the machine ignores it and reads the one on the side with the stamp. My suggestion of also rubbing it with garlic, just to make sure, met with a blank stare. I'm wasted here. Totally feckin' wasted. Anyhow, it's on its way. Again.....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

WHOOOH! Resplendent Renaissance dice on the doormat! Outstanding stuff Baron, they’re tremendous.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Glad you like them, sorry I couldn't fulfill your entire request. We are probably going to order more (including some new ECW types) at the end of 2019, and if you want I'll remind you and we can order extra of the ones you didn't get this time.

Just FYI, it took less time for them to get to you (posted Monday afternoon), in Newcastle, than it did for them to be returned to me - both times (I live about 200 yards from the sorting office!).
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

The postal service is like the London Underground map; it doesn't work by Euclidean geometry.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Hooray my dice arrived today - thanks Brendan - PM sent
I wonder if they beat the parcel to Adelaide?

Err Edit - Brendan on closer inspection I think you've made a mistake, I think you sent me your own dice as they've got a 1 on every face :lol:
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

What, even the contingent logo side?

Oddly, all of the guys over here have reported a glut of 5s and 6s. Except me, obviously - my Milanese/New Model almost went straight into the bin after game one with them......
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

I haven't been to the PO box to check... :(
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

The land of the long white snow job before the black country.