Tiberian grenadiers of the red tower.

For your gaming pictures & links.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Tiberian grenadiers of the red tower.

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

The Kingdom of Tiberia has 3 fortress towers Black tower, White tower and red tower.
Red tower is what is known as a punishment draft (A modern day example was Royal navy Faslane Naval Base floating dock draft for wayward Submaineers, chaps who had been to detention quarters their first step back into the fleet. Work started at 0600 until at least 1800, 6 days a week, the draft was normally 6 months minimum). The draft for Tiberian grenadiers of the Red tower was a minimum of 12 years and the company was drawn from wayward deserters from across Tiberia. The red tower is a desolate place with grim walls and an even grimmer commanding officer. Duke Angus McBean is a hard soldier of Scottish heritage.

Figures are Spencer Smith's from various sources however 2/3rds were already painted it took me a while to match the original painting style.
the flag is one of David's at "Not by Appointment" of an unknown carried at Culloden, for me it was carried by the Grenadiers of the Red tower.

The uniforms are an ecliptic mix of various uniforms taken from across Tiberia as the quartermaster purse is as tight as a duck arse.
The saying in the battalion is the quartermaster has been served a "Stiff Pickard" when it comes to buying uniforms.
Jean Luc is not shy at flogging a dead horse when it comes to deals with the Red tower and the QM likes his wine.

Willz.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Tiberian grenadiers of the red tower.

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

A punishment unit decked out as grenadiers, eh? Strange times.

Incidentally, what does the presence of wings indicate as I notice not all of the men have them? Are these the mark of the serious offender who invariably receives more severe punishment, or are they deserving defaulters on their way to final redemption (possibly via large quantities of Red (Tower) Bull)?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Splendid stuff, Willz.

Iain
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Very interesting unit. Nicely done
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:02 pm A punishment unit decked out as grenadiers, eh? Strange times.

Incidentally, what does the presence of wings indicate as I notice not all of the men have them? Are these the mark of the serious offender who invariably receives more severe punishment, or are they deserving defaulters on their way to final redemption (possibly via large quantities of Red (Tower) Bull)?
Mainly the figures are a mixture of WAS, SYW, AWI but as a background story, the grenadier title was added to give the men a sense of pride. The wings are indeed an indication of deserving defaulters on their way to final redemption.
12 years is a long time to be posted to a grim bleak tower for guard duty, convoy protection or anti pirate duty.

Willz.
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

Well, it's no punishment to look at these figures. More great work, Will.

Red & Yellow? That's the MCC colours so given the punishment dished out to England on the cricket field recently, I guess they're very appropriate colours.

donald
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

ochoin wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:51 am Well, it's no punishment to look at these figures. More great work, Will.

Red & Yellow? That's the MCC colours so given the punishment dished out to England on the cricket field recently, I guess they're very appropriate colours.

donald
Kerching :evilgrin: .

Cheers for all your kind comments and support.

Willz.
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

Another lovely unit, mate. I like the flag. A touch of Scots about these lads?

Faslane sounds like an interesting place. A cheap alternative if you can't get yourself to Devil's Island? QM's are always tight fisted, ah, "gentlemen". Until you buy them a drink in the snake pit, when they suddenly become human-ish again.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?