Display games at shows.

For your Wargames Wittering
World2dave
Jezebel

Re: Display games at shows.

Post by World2dave »

I've never played in a show participation game and doubt I ever will. It's not what I go to shows for, although I think it's a very good thing that these games are offered and run by enthusiastic people.

Display games have their uses too, and can be very inspirational as others have said. TBH I'm always happy to stand and look at a really attractive game (static or otherwise) with great figures and terrain. I don't need the personal attention of the people presenting, but it's nice if they're available for a quick chat.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

levied troop wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:20 pm
RMD wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:12 pm Aside that is , from Stuart Asquith, who attacked me in the pages of his rag for not talking to him at Eastbourne... That's because I was talking to a busload of German schoolkids, getting them to roll the dice and move troops at the time when you deigned to grant us an audience, you utter chod!
Join the club! Asquith did the same to us at Eastbourne, complaining we weren't talking to people. We remember seeing him walk past when we were 3 deep in spectators!
I got my own back... A loitered at his (frankly piss-poor) Napoleon in Egypt game at the Napoleonic Fair and asked him bone questions for an hour... "Oo, who are the men on the horsies?" "So which one's Nelson?" "Wasn't Mameluke a cartoon dog?"

:finger: :evilgrin:
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

The sort of thing that Ronan does to me, in fact...

I humour him, because he thinks I don't know who he is...

Or perhaps he's being serious and those are genuine questions...?!
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Hey, we can't all know the front glacis armour angles on EVERY Allied WW2 tank off by heart, you know. :wall:
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:23 pm Hey, we can't all know the front glacis armour angles on EVERY Allied WW2 tank off by heart, you know. :wall:
RMD got past that in his teens. He can give you every thickness of armour, its angle of incidence and what part of the front side and rear it covers. He murmurs this info in his sleep.
Andy P
Loose Virgin

Post by Andy P »

I've have personally ran and been part of annual demo games, which is usually an excuse for our group of gamers to actually meet each other once a year and have a game together ask RMD. This is rare as we live all over the country. However we do print literature out to give to passers by to explain the scenario and the rules and we do allow players to join in if they wish.
The last game i ran at Reading the second day we gamed about one actual turn as we had an influx of people asking questions discussing the scenario etc etc so the game took a back burner so to say.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Hello Andy, where did you spring from? Good to see you!.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Good Lord they've let the Other Ranks in... ;)
Andy P
Loose Virgin

Post by Andy P »

RMD wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:17 pm Good Lord they've let the Other Ranks in... ;)
Lol you so funny! :P
Andy P
Loose Virgin

Post by Andy P »

Etranger wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:26 pm Hello Andy, where did you spring from? Good to see you!.
Hello back, but not sure i know who you are?