Anyone know the base sizes for Epic Battles?

For your Wargames Wittering
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Anyone know the base sizes for Epic Battles?

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I know that the figures are 13.5mm from the base of the largest veruka to neck goitre (oh come on - they all had them back then!), but what size are the bases?

A friend is thinking of getting into Epic Battles (P&S variant) for Xmas and was wondering if he can take on my 15mm armies at FoG:R, where the bases are typically 40x20 (foot), 40x30 (horse), and 40x40 (light troops, artillery, dragoons and generals). I tried googling this and just got a load of Warlord Games illuminati chuntering on about how they painted two entire armies in one night with one hand tied behind their back.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: Anyone know the base sizes for Epic Battles?

Post by Paul »

The ACW are 60x20 for the infantry I'll check all the others later on for you, including P&S.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Thanks. I found the ACW base sizes but there seemed to be suggestions that they were unique to that period and the bases for the other eras were different sizes.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

P&S bases are 60mm Frontage and 20mm Depth for both Mounted and Foot, Artillery is on 30mm Frontage and 40mm Depth and Generals are on 20mm squares.
Depending on the rules you're going to use i'm sure you could match up the base sizes. If the plan is to use the Warlord ones that come in the box i'm fairly sure it would work fine with, and here's where it might fall down, a couple of sensible players :D :D
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

He was suggesting using FoG:R rules. I suspect you could trim the figures' own bases down to the correct FoG:R sizes (see above), but it would also mean cutting up the rows of figures - not a huge problem, but a bit annoying if you need to do it a lot.

Thanks for the info! :thumbs: