2023 Progress - 2024 plans

For your Wargames Wittering
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

2023 Progress - 2024 plans

Post by FreddBloggs »

2023 has been a mixed year, thankfully fewer health issues other than torn muscles than the previous two, but plagued by intermittent bouts of enthusiasm.

So what did I acheieve, well read on....

6mm

3 x Classical Indian archers, unit of 48
1 x Classical Indian swordsmen, unit of 48
1 x Classical Indian Spear & shield, unit of 48
2 x Classical Indian Javelin Skirmishers, unit of 24
1 x Classical Indian Cavalry, units of 18
2 x Classical Indian Chariots, units of 3
2 x Classical Indian Elephants, units of 6
1 x Classical Indian General in Chariot
1 x Classical Indian General on Elephant

This completes the Classical Indian Army unless Maiden Guard become available.

1 Battle Company Space Marines (95 figures, 10 Rhinos)
1 Detachment Space Marines (30 figures, 3 Rhinos)
4 Rhinos

Ongoing aim to complete a full Space Marine Chapter.

28mm

1 Beastman Trumpeter
1 Wich on pedal cycle
1 Witch on chopper broom
1 Genie
1 Great Troll
1 Morokanth
1 High llama
1 Female Archeologist
1 Gangster
1 Headless Horseman
1 Magpie Merchant (oathsworn)
1 Lady Greymole (oathsword)
1 Beary Potter
1 Cloth Cat
1 Ork with HMG
1 Ork Jeep and Crew
6 Italian Wars Pikemen
6 Italian Wars Crossbowmen

Very much a mix and match lot as I picked odd things between the big units above.

Currently under the brush for completion in early 2024.

6mm

1 x unit of Macedonianian Phalangites (48)
1 x unit of English Civil War pikes (48)

28mm

6 Italian Wars Pikemen
1 Ork Jeep and crew
2 Witches

Main 2024 plans are as follows.

Ongoing work on Macedonians, ECW in 6mm and Italian Wars and Orks in 28mm. Start on late war ww2 6mm project (undercoating and basecoat done, well done PSC).

Built a participation game to run at Vanquish and Joy of 6, based on Greek Mythology.

28mm Cowboy town (I have painted cowboys but no town to fight over).

And of course, anything else bright and shiny that catches my fancy.
tim.w
Jezebel

Re: 2023 Progress - 2024 plans

Post by tim.w »

Interesting mix there. Would the cloth cat be a 'not Bagpuss?' Have you seen Vonketteringhams recent youtube videos on his Landschnechts?
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Sadly no, he is a cloth cat from the 'left at the bottom of the garden' range, to go with cloth wolfs, cloth birds and all sorts.

Not yet on the landsndkts.
bangorstu
PurpleBot

Post by bangorstu »

Thanks to becoming temporarily legally blind I achieved bugger all in 2023. Given ailing parents and a house which over the past year decided to fall apart whilst I couldn't see it happening, I have few hopes for 2024.

But... I hope to get early Pacific War British done because I have a long held love for history's losers... Plus getting more Napoleonic Austro-Hungarians done and perhaps getting a 15mm Carthaginian Army.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

bangorstu wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:13 pm Thanks to becoming temporarily legally blind I achieved bugger all in 2023. Given ailing parents and a house which over the past year decided to fall apart whilst I couldn't see it happening, I have few hopes for 2024.

But... I hope to get early Pacific War British done because I have a long held love for history's losers... Plus getting more Napoleonic Austro-Hungarians done and perhaps getting a 15mm Carthaginian Army.
Well, good luck with all that.

E
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

You're so very productive, Fred. I tips me lid to you.

I'm thinking the other way & plan to paint a lot less in 2024. A few additions, some refurbishment but a lot more gaming.

And I hope, Stu, things brighten up for you ( in both a literal & metaphorical sense) in the New Year.

donald
bangorstu
PurpleBot

Post by bangorstu »

Well the eyesight is now fine, and my parents will probably muddle through. Alas the house will require expensive attention which means little money for toys.

However I have recently discovered how massive my lead pile is so perhaps reducing that a little is no bad thing...:)

Happy New Year to you all!
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

A festive/festering 2024 to all our readers.

My first project for this year is a Japanese platoon and supports for Malaya '42, in anticipation of the Too Fat Lardies actually producing their Far East Handmaiden. I spent New Year's Eve taking stock of my.....stock and discovered that, instead of 12 sprues of Japanese infantry (72 figures) I actually have 22 sprues (132 figures) which should leave me a few spares. I also discovered that I have 3 Ha-Go tanks and 1 Chi-Ha (which is good) rather than the other way around as I had suspected (and which would have been not-so-good). Other support options include a full section and a bit, allowing me to ditch the anachronistic sub-machine guns, of veteran infantry, covered in bushes (is this where Bushido comes from?); a full section, plus command and a scout squad, of cyclists; a number of gun options; and both firing and moving versions of the MMG and 81mm mortar. I have had all of this stuff since before the Pandemic, so pretty much everything was purchased when Warlord and TAG prices, and postage from the US, were at acceptable levels.

That said, it will take about 2-3 days to assemble and glue everything. And then, according to some English guy with a severe haircut, I have to build some sort of railway bridge.....

Opposition (all currently acquired, but yet to be assembled) will be: a platoon of 5/11th Sikhs, a platoon of 2/Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders, and a platoon of 2/30th Australians, all with supports. And at some point in the year, I have to fit in the creation of 6' x 4' of jungle (the railway bridge is suddenly looking a much more attractive option.....even with the poor catering).

[That "Handmaiden" might have been a "Handbook".]
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

What you really need is a 28mm copy of the airfix jungle hut, for nostalgia purposes....

The bridge is ok to build, but then you need to build the railway.....
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:53 am .....veteran infantry, covered in bushes (is this where Bushido comes from?)
Be prepared for plenty of Bonsai charges....

Happy New Year to all!