Nostalgia

For your Wargames Wittering
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Nostalgia

Post by Jeremy »

If you could make your ultimate nostalgia purchase, what would it be and why?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Essex Boy »

I'm lucky enough to be living that dream.

Back in the early 70s no way would my pocket money stretch to a pack of the Les Higgins 20mm Marlburian range. Needless to say the company was long gone by the time I had a bit of spare cash.

I couldn't believe my luck when I discovered the range was back in production and now I have a modest collection of the little beauties.

E
battleeditor
First Base

Post by battleeditor »

My bucket overfloweth with nostalgia, but I still have a strange hankering for doing soething with Minifigs. But they’d need to be delivered in boxes stuffed with sawdust like they used to be back in the 70s.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Last time I bought anything from Minifigs directly, back in the early 2000's when they were still in Southampton, my order came with a handwritten invoice from a duplicate book, which looked to be around 20 years old at that point.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Essex Boy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:16 pm I'm lucky enough to be living that dream.

Back in the early 70s no way would my pocket money stretch to a pack of the Les Higgins 20mm Marlburian range. Needless to say the company was long gone by the time I had a bit of spare cash.

I couldn't believe my luck when I discovered the range was back in production and now I have a modest collection of the little beauties.

E
Do you have a link Iain?
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

I would buy 15mm figures in singles to make up a unit to 24 as Minifigs cavalry command came in 3s and the troopers in 4
so there's be 23 minifigs and a single Jacobite or tabletop or other manufacturer because I felt figures were so expensive I could never have any left overs by buying an extra pack
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

At some point, Minifigs added an extra trooper into the command pack, so that it was four figures instead of three.

My "nostalgia" buy would be everything I still want from the 2nd Generation 15mm Minifigs Renaissance and ECW/TYW ranges.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Fantasy armies using the Minifigs D&D range esp the orcs, hobgoblins, gnolls, goblins and kobolds. Caliver have frustratingly re-released a tiny smattering of items from this range but not enough to build an army.
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Citadel original spacefarers range. Pretty rare on ebay
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

It's just not what it used to be......
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.