Bit of a Poser

For your Wargames Wittering
Purple
Grizzly Madam

Bit of a Poser

Post by Purple »

Favourite figure pose?

Those of Us plugging away at Musket wielders often stick with the classic march pose in our figures but I found myself last night yearning for a firing line or a bayonet charge!

Favourite pose for a unit?
Does your taste vary per period?
Or is there a figure in particular that you just love.*

Anyone that says something silly like Airfix YMCA type poses will be taken into the special Féderic room to listen to Voltaire recitals and play nudist leapfrog.

*in a model soldier sense. Not a ‘Mmm Mandy Dingle’ sense.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Bit of a Poser

Post by Jeremy »

For big battle stuff, I like marching pose, but with head pose differences. I also don’t mind the attack march pose. For anything smaller, I want a multitude of different poses and absolutely no marching pose.

I would have thought Purps that you preferred the Airfix YMCA pose, manacled naked and blindfolded to a rusty iron bed with a fresh apple in your month?
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

For Wellingtonics and other close-order stuff I prefer march-attack, simply due to the ease of forming columns and packing them away without them poking each other and becoming 'disordered'. My AWI and ACW tends to be more loosely based, so that gives room for more firing and advancing poses.

For 20th Century periods I want STACKS of pose-variation, but no fecking prone figures - please stick them in a separate pack for those who want them. Yes, I know that 99% of a modern soldier's time is spent crawling around, but it simply looks rubbish (aside from some weapons that can only be operated from the prone position, obviously).

However, my absolute favourites are the AB Figures 'order arms' figures, which Tony Barton did in his Napoleonic British, Portuguese, Austrian infantry ranges and the French Sailors of the Guard. The simple pose shows off the uniform better (and make sit easier to paint) than 'action' poses. I also like his Imperial Guard 'standing to attention' figures.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

I like my infantry marching, except skirmishers who should be half advancing and half firing. Cavalry, I like charging wildly.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

grizzlymc wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 am I like my infantry marching, except skirmishers who should be half advancing and half firing. Cavalry, I like charging wildly.
I agree with Grizzle.......apart from the cavalry, which I like to see proceeding gracefully and with little fuss.

(Just to warn you, I have a box full of fresh Gits right here at my side).
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

Me first. . .
Essex Boy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:01 pm proceeding gracefully and with little fuss.

Looking back over their shoulders at the pursuit?
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

garyp wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 pm Me first. . .
Essex Boy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:01 pm proceeding gracefully and with little fuss.

Don’t be silly Gary. They die on the spot. Just like Purps Hussars! Now that would be a non event. Purps Hussars charging the Gateway Cavalry!😂😂
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Nil all draw
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Jeremy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:24 pm
garyp wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 pm Me first. . .

Don’t be silly Gary. They die on the spot. Just like Purps Hussars! Now that would be a non event. Purps Hussars charging the Gateway Cavalry!😂😂
A stoppable force meeting a moveable object?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

So as not to derail Purp's most excellent thread, I shall keep a list and hand out the Gits when the dust has settled.