Partizan spoils

For your Wargames Wittering
tim.w
Jezebel

Partizan spoils

Post by tim.w »

Not a lot. I did loose my Greeks virginity but (EB will be impressed) I lost it to 20mm Newlines from Colonel Bill, enough for an army for £20. I didnt want to invest loads in this little side project so happy with that. Bought an Acroplois building from Ainsty that will go with either my Greeks or my pointy Punic people in 28mm. Won a nice tree on the tombola and some robot monkey things in 15mm from Eureka? No idea what they are for? Couple of packs of 20x20mm bases - asked for 18mm but they just laughed. Thats about it really. Nearly bought an M60 and an Israeli M113 for my Kumbahyah forces but resisted, after buying an army for £20 I couldnt justify £25 on one tank.

I have to say, the games were gorgeous! Despite the wargaming press bemoaning too many demo only games I think at this standard they get away with justifying the space. I rarely ever throw dice at a show anyway.

Good to see those that I did see through the crowds. Hope you all had a good journey back.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: Partizan spoils

Post by Paul »

Sounds like quite a good haul. newline does some great 20mm stuff. I sold a load of Colonial stuff to EB years ago and have had a little buyers regret since. I've got a big bag of their highlanders too as I wanted to do a later C17th Scots army in 20mm but couldn't get the right regulars to go with them :(
tim.w wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:43 pm robot monkey things in 15mm from Eureka?
What's not to like? I look forward to seeing these on a table at some point :)
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Today cemented for me the fact that in future I’m only going to shows to play a game and meet up with mates. I really had so much fun today playing the Malaya game.

Considering the ease with which you can buy online, there’s really no point going to shows for purchases, IMHO...
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

tim.w wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:43 pm Not a lot. I did loose my Greeks virginity but (EB will be impressed) I lost it to 20mm Newlines from Colonel Bill, enough for an army for £20. I didnt want to invest loads in this little side project so happy with that. Bought an Acroplois building from Ainsty that will go with either my Greeks or my pointy Punic people in 28mm. Won a nice tree on the tombola and some robot monkey things in 15mm from Eureka? No idea what they are for? Couple of packs of 20x20mm bases - asked for 18mm but they just laughed. Thats about it really. Nearly bought an M60 and an Israeli M113 for my Kumbahyah forces but resisted, after buying an army for £20 I couldnt justify £25 on one tank.

I have to say, the games were gorgeous! Despite the wargaming press bemoaning too many demo only games I think at this standard they get away with justifying the space. I rarely ever throw dice at a show anyway.

Good to see those that I did see through the crowds. Hope you all had a good journey back.
I am impressed. Very.

I have Newline ancients in the pile. Tell me what to paint and I'm in.

Iain
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Paul wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:01 pm Sounds like quite a good haul. newline does some great 20mm stuff. I sold a load of Colonial stuff to EB years ago and have had a little buyers regret since. I've got a big bag of their highlanders too as I wanted to do a later C17th Scots army in 20mm but couldn't get the right regulars to go with them :(
I moved some of the Zulu stuff into the 'to do' pile only last week. Assembling a couple of hundred Zulus a couple of years ago nearly drove me mad....maderer.

Try Lancer Miniatures for late 17thC regulars. OK figures, they look better with paint. Pictures available if you want them.

Iain
Last edited by Essex Boy on Sun May 19, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

Four more 1' canal sections and a dozen lengths of split rail fencing from Last Valley; a pack of Perry Mtd Militia Colonels for the AWI; a BMP1/2 for the WWIII project; brushes; Rebels & Patriots for my F&IW as I just can't master Sharp Practice. Also met many chums I'd missed at Carronade and also met Belasarius! A grand day all round!
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

A good day, albeit a late start. Picked up the Sands of Sudan rules, primarily for the event cards and random Fuzzy generation mechanisms. Got an old book on Dettingen that I haven't seen for about 30 years and plenty of 20mm bases for the Trojans, so they're good to go. Assembly and undercoat this week I hope!
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

A most excellent day! Nay, a most excellent weekend! Saturday was hosted by W2D (and his mate, Jase) for some very entertaining Frostgrave goodness. More about that later, time and gin permitting...

But really enjoyed Partizan. A good turn out both for the show overall and meeting assorted virtual associates. Nice to meet RMD (who'd I'd met before years ago!), Penda, Phil Olley, Henry, and assorted LAW bods.

Here is da haul!
haul01.jpg
haul01.jpg (116.2 KiB) Viewed 3891 times
Thanks to Brendan for the books and some assorted figures and Purps for letting me take most of his Ayton force at a bargain price! I'll leave it to you all to peruse the pic and identify the madness. One new period. One new scale for an existing one... :)

A
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Paul wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:01 pm Sounds like quite a good haul. newline does some great 20mm stuff. I sold a load of Colonial stuff to EB years ago and have had a little buyers regret since. I've got a big bag of their highlanders too as I wanted to do a later C17th Scots army in 20mm but couldn't get the right regulars to go with them :(
Great for pissing off Norm in Kumbayah.
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

I was very restrained with my purchases.

I bought a copy of Nafziger book, The End of Empire, on the 1814 campaign in France. Always been interested in this campaign and there are so few books on the subject.