What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Re: What are people buying?

Post by levied troop »

I have way too many medieval projects half-finished and this really is one too many, but absolutely irresistible and I genuinely can’t wait to get my hands on the figures (which realistically won’t be until 2020). Still, just had the pleasure of creating my little folder for the project and working out Baronial orbats. I’m like a six year old contemplating Christmas - in June :D
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

levied troop wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:47 pm I have way too many medieval projects half-finished and this really is one too many, but absolutely irresistible and I genuinely can’t wait to get my hands on the figures (which realistically won’t be until 2020). Still, just had the pleasure of creating my little folder for the project and working out Baronial orbats. I’m like a six year old contemplating Christmas - in June :D
I think Andy Hobday has said that they will be sent in time for Christmas at the latest, depending, I guess, on the up take of the KS. The figures are sculpted and just await production.
As I was born and grew up in Winchester, later digging a lot of it up in Archaeological excavations, I sort of have to do the Barons war at some point! I did suggest it or the Anarchy as a possibility for first Ayton but was outvoted by all the tricorny silliness :evilgrin:
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Not so much bought as picked up off the ground. Slate flecks for ground work and some boulders for scenery.

Honister slate mine is a mine of wargaming scenery.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Paul wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:58 pm
levied troop wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:47 pm I have way too many medieval projects half-finished and this really is one too many, but absolutely irresistible and I genuinely can’t wait to get my hands on the figures (which realistically won’t be until 2020). Still, just had the pleasure of creating my little folder for the project and working out Baronial orbats. I’m like a six year old contemplating Christmas - in June :D
I think Andy Hobday has said that they will be sent in time for Christmas at the latest, depending, I guess, on the up take of the KS. The figures are sculpted and just await production.
As I was born and grew up in Winchester, later digging a lot of it up in Archaeological excavations, I sort of have to do the Barons war at some point! I did suggest it or the Anarchy as a possibility for first Ayton but was outvoted by all the tricorny silliness :evilgrin:
+1 for Barons War at some point. I've had my Lion Rampant book out on holiday and its stirred my medieval interest again.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I'm quite tempted to revisit the LoTR skirmish rules for this, as the idea of having (not overpowered) heroes fits quite well with how i'd like to play Medieval skirmishes.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Stop it, stop it, stop it, I am not doing winchester barons war or anarchy, I am not, not, not!
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

A King called Steve? Sounds like a right laugh. Why would you not?
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

No new projects. Despite also being born in winchester as well.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

FreddBloggs wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:31 pm No new projects. Despite also being born in winchester as well.
Did you escape before having to go to school there? Or did you only manage to escape come University like me? :)
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Escaped at 18 months, so basically just born there.