Elephants in Lion Rampant

For Loose Games & Shows.
tim.w
Jezebel

Elephants in Lion Rampant

Post by tim.w »

The new Victrix heffylumps look a bit nice. Bit steep at £30 a pair as they're the same price as metal from Crusader miniatures, I looked at the Numidian ones for my Arabesque army. But the Victrix ones do look lovely, very animated and more realistic than any metal or resin I've seen. Might be a bugger to paint up well though.

Some useful stats here from someone..

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/124753 ... d-chariots
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Elephants in Lion Rampant

Post by Jeremy »

Out of all the Rampant rules, I think Dragon Rampant with its strength points as opposed to unit sizes, is the most versatile. You can literally make any kind of unit, for any period
Last edited by Jeremy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I would use as either Greater or Lesser Warbeasts from Dragon Rampant, depending on the overall effect you see them having in your games.
As Greater Warbeasts are partly defined as those that cause an audible 'intake of breath' from those opposing them I would start with that and see how it works for you.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

I completely agree with Paul and Jeremy on this, tempting though it is to have an entirely new game called Elephant Rampant.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Hmm, I haven't really seen/played Dragon Rampant yet. Might have to pick a copy up. I must say the thought of actually using dragons in a GoT type battle with my medieval armies is very tempting.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Dragon Rampant is basically just Lion Rampant with add on shiny bits.