What's on your workbench?

For your Wargames Wittering
DougM
PurpleBot

Re: What's on your workbench?

Post by DougM »

As I've said elsewhere, not my thing, but those look absolutely amazing. Nice work. You've clearly got the hang of this printing thing very quickly.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I’ve had a few misprints, but I learn something new each time it happens. It helps to be methodical. Almost to the point of being anal*

*Not used in the Purps term of the word
DougM
PurpleBot

Post by DougM »

I'm actually very impressed. You seem to have got to a point in a few days that took me months. I'm also very impressed by how 'clean' they look, with no visible marks from the supports. Nice job.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Ta!
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Good heavens!
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

Very nice, Jeremy. You got a resin printer, by the looks of it? It's amazing how far 3D printing has come.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Spanner wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:58 am Very nice, Jeremy. You got a resin printer, by the looks of it? It's amazing how far 3D printing has come.
Yeah, a Mars 3. It’s revolutionising Wargames. It’s allows people to play games that are no longer supported (Warmaster for instance) to allowing you to field forces that aren’t sold main stream. I do wonder if figure manufacturers will move more to STL creation than selling actual figures over the next decade.

The entry point for home printing is dropping all the time with machines becoming more and more plug and play
vexillia
Fallen Woman

Post by vexillia »

Jeremy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:40 am Yeah, a Mars 3. It’s revolutionising Wargames.
How much was your printer and did you get a wash station (or whatever they are called)?
Martin Stephenson :: Work | Blog | Auctions

Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I got mine on sale off Amazon, they took a sizeable chunk off the price, to the point where it was similar to the previous model. The sale has ended now and current price is around £260/£270.

Yes, got the wash and cure station as well. Just makes life easier.

You could clean them in a Tupperware and put them under a nail curer for cheaper
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

I do wonder if figure manufacturers will move more to STL creation than selling actual figures over the next decade.
It's quite possible, mate. Perhaps probable. It also means that people who can use a CAD app are going to be able to design figures and then sell the .stl file, or print and sell the miniatures. Sculptors won't disappear- they can sculpt a master figure, 3D scan it to a CAD file and then the manufacturer can manipulate the poses, equipment and other detail as required.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?