News from warlord price increase.

For traders and such to entice us to open our wallets
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

News from warlord price increase.

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

For all you Warlord fans, Willz.

Dear Warlorders,

I wanted to write to you all today to properly address the upcoming price rise, outlining our decision-making process and why we have ultimately decided to implement this change. Increasing our prices is not a practice we like to do as a business; as such we have laboured over the decision and want to be clear and open about the reasons why.

Over the last 18 months, the world we all live in has changed. Whilst we love the fact that we have brought joy and some respite to so many people through our games and miniatures, there are a number of factors that have led to circumstances that are unfortunately out of our control:

Firstly, and most obviously, is COVID-19 and its impact on the way we do business. Unsurprisingly, like almost every other business in the world we have had to take measures to protect staff and mitigate risk. Coupled with this, we have also recently moved to a bigger site - whilst this is better able to accommodate the social distancing required for our business, it has led to increased costs.

Secondly, and this may be less obvious to most, is that the cost of doing business around the world has reached an all-time high. The cost of raw materials and shipping for example have increased between 20 and 300%.

Thirdly, and tying in somewhat to the previous point, we have to acknowledge the aftermath of Brexit. Our ability to efficiently move goods across borders has been heavily affected, and whilst our commitment as a business is to ensure that we provide a hassle-free service where we cover all the costs for import fees, for example, this has unfortunately and obviously had an impact on our profitability.

Because of all the reasons above, we will be implementing this price rise on the 11th July. I would like to thank all of our customers for their continued support through these crisis and we as a family at Warlord look forward to your continued support.

Regards,
Karl Oliver-Kyriacou
E-Commerce Manager
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: News from warlord price increase.

Post by Paul »

I can't see any indicators of what the price rise will actually be, not even on their website, which is a bit annoying :(
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I wonder if they'll give us an extra week if England win the footie?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
vexillia
Fallen Woman

Post by vexillia »

Paul wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:30 pm I can't see any indicators of what the price rise will actually be, not even on their website, which is a bit annoying :(
Rumour is it's of the order of 12% but Warlord never put prices in their adverts or announcements. Must be comnpany policy in case it frightens the horses,
Martin Stephenson :: Work | Blog | Auctions

Jamanicus
Fallen Woman

Post by Jamanicus »

I heard 12% as an average across their entire ranges...so some will be slightly more and some slightly less.

I guess it's a case of waiting for some sales events or simple purchase from somewhere like triple helix or Wayland Games 🤷‍♂️
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

We really should be expecting all companies to increase the price if their figures every year just to keep their profit margins from falling so I have no gripes with this
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

valleyboy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:59 am We really should be expecting all companies to increase the price if their figures every year just to keep their profit margins from falling so I have no gripes with this
Absolutely. People (not here on LAW, but on some other sites) seem to forget that these are businesses, & need to make some money themselves. No money = no business = no shiny toys.
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

Covid? Brexit? The cop out excuses of every business in rip off Britain putting up prices I’m afraid. Hope that’s restored the balance?😉
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Their accounts are stronger than I thought they’d be. £200k profit after tax last year, £1.4m in the bank and good liquidity. Strong reserves, they’re doing well
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Jeremy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:12 am .....good liquidity. Strong reserves, they’re doing well
Just to confirm, this isn't Essex Boy and the Gateway cavalry we're talking about?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.