Ayton 2023 armies.

For Loose Games & Shows.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Ayton 2023 armies.

Post by Tim Hall »

Ok chaps, as time is now marching on I wanted to get a handle on who is bringing what troops. So I would appreciate it if you can give me some idea of your proposed forces for our forthcoming Colonial adventure. Also some idea of who is bringing boats etc.

For those who are not using their own figures, perhaps you could express an interest in whether you wish to be goodies or baddies. I know EB is going to be a wily leader of a native horde, and I believe Tim W is playing but w/o troops (I think I am providing him with a British contingent). Is there anybody else who is going to need troops? Also if anybody has any interesting scenery bits they would like to offer I'm listening.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton 2023 armies.

Post by Jeremy »

Tim, I’m bringing 30 points of Zulus. I’ll also be bringing a Zulu Kraal and hopefully some themed terrain like termite mounds, thorn scrubs, etc.

Can also bring generic terrain like hills, rivers, roads, etc
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

I'll be bringing 30 points if FPW type troops...
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

I am bringing 30 points of Afghan's. We are goodies.

I can also offer about 4 units of afghan style tribesmen if that helps

Scenery - got a few adobe buildings, temple and bits and bobs of scatter scenery + city/fort walls. Youve seen all these before i think Tim
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

I've got a few Hut type buildings I could bring as well. Will post a pic to see if of use.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Affermative Hotel. If you could sort me a force of Blighty's finest I would be most greatful.

I was hoping Perry would release their plastic French FPW but time is against me as is the confusion at the club over my account.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Scenery wise, loads of palm trees, jungle, deserty type buildings. Nothing unusual.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

I'm happy to lend British forces, either Zulu stuff or Sudan. I think I have enough to provide 3 30pt forces of each, maybe 4 each at a push. I have a fair few natives, probably enough for 5or 6 Zulu forces and 4 or 5 Mahdist.

I've also got Zulu huts, assorted Sudanese tribal buildings and could probably borrow the club's Zariba. I've also got a fair few mealie bag and biscuit box barricades and if we really need it I might be able to borrow the club's Isandlwana mountain!

With enough advance warning I could also assemble the Rorke's Drift buildings
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

I will bring 30 points of Medetian naval landing party/marines, plus boats.

I can also bring 30 points of Corsair/Arab types and/or another 30 point European regular force if anyone needs to borrow.

I have some decent sized pieces that can be used as harbour walls, plus wooden jetties, more boats, sampans, and a couple of small ships, one zebec-style.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I've got nuffink by way of armies, but I do have two large boxes of palm trees. I'm not coming by car though, so I'll give them to Tim to bring if they're needed, and Tim don't mind.

E