Ayton 10-12th November 2023

For Loose Games & Shows.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton 10-12th November 2023

Post by Essex Boy »

For future reference, some stuff about the venue......

The Breakfast Room was not, as promised, at our disposal on the Sunday, not without a fight anyway. As it happens, the Snug was perfect for the DBN game (I'm sure the lighting has been much improved) so there was no clash. If the Breakfast Room is a no go on the Sunday, it might be a deal breaker for us using the Lodge at the weekend. Maybe - it depends on the games of course.

The Snug has two 5' x 2' 6" tables, with an option to add a couple of small tables from the bar.

The Breakfast room is an excellent venue for us. There are nine or ten 5' x 2' 6" tables so it will comfortably accommodate two biggish games. It's totally closed off and, it now appears, we can leave a game set up if we're playing the next day.

It is of course all free of charge, but I'm not for a minute suggesting moving away from the Village Hall. The Lodge could be a happy little 'extra'.

E
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Essex Boy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:01 pm
goat major wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:00 pm
Paul wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:52 pmHuzzah!
the mystery of Iain winning a cavalry fight gets cuirassier and cuirassier.
:fp:
As the great Duke (Wellington, not Wayne) once said: "This won't do - write me up a victory!" So, Mr Goat-Major.....

:clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

I once finished off (in every sense) an intense round of German tank puns with what I thought was the rather impressive "It's Good-ere-ian!" to the deafening sound of crickets and tumbleweeds, so you got off lightly here.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Buff Redux
PurpleBot

Post by Buff Redux »

Essex Boy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:45 pm For future reference, some stuff about the venue......

The Breakfast Room was not, as promised, at our disposal on the Sunday, not without a fight anyway. As it happens, the Snug was perfect for the DBN game (I'm sure the lighting has been much improved) so there was no clash. If the Breakfast Room is a no go on the Sunday, it might be a deal breaker for us using the Lodge at the weekend. Maybe - it depends on the games of course.

The Snug has two 5' x 2' 6" tables, with an option to add a couple of small tables from the bar.

The Breakfast room is an excellent venue for us. There are nine or ten 5' x 2' 6" tables so it will comfortably accommodate two biggish games. It's totally closed off and, it now appears, we can leave a game set up if we're playing the next day.

It is of course all free of charge, but I'm not for a minute suggesting moving away from the Village Hall. The Lodge could be a happy little 'extra'.

E
You don't often get a happy little extra without paying.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

I did give TimW a warning that I would $@#*ing kill every $#?#ing f¢%¥er in his massive f°π÷ing column' & so I did. Eventually. Took a while.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Cracking game though. I don't think Andy played did he?
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

I tried...
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Peeler wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:28 pm Cracking game though. I don't think Andy played did he?
You were still hung over when Andy joined the game, so maybe you missed it,.....it was at about 15:00.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

And decisive...
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

So very.
Martin
Loose Virgin

Post by Martin »

I thought it was a cracking couple of days, with some well researched scenarios (thanks to Alex). Peeler proved how to destroy the French (even when they were his troops!). Iain as master of ceremonies organised the weekend well, even the teas and coffees were palatable. The rest of us were just there for the journey and what a one it was. I hope Andy you are feeling better.
Looking forward to the next get together.