(FOR SALE) Seleucid and Ptolemaic Reformed Armies 168-145 BC (1) - The Seleucid Army, Nick Secunda

For trading your quality goods
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: (FOR SALE) Seleucid and Ptolemaic Reformed Armies 168-145 BC (1) - The Seleucid Army, Nick Secunda

Post by Paul »

Atheling_2006 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:43 pm I'm selling at well below 50% of the going rate.
I wouldn't say that (the only copy sold recently on Ebay went for £77) but £50 still looks like a reasonable price.

It's worth remembering how niche this and many wargames items are. I always pitch my prices below those of sold items on Ebay (not the crazy ones people think thier things are worth) and post things here "just in case" as I don't expect to sell them often in this relatively small pool.
Panzer21
Loose Virgin

Re: (FOR SALE) Seleucid and Ptolemaic Reformed Armies 168-145 BC (1) - The Seleucid Army, Nick Secunda

Post by Panzer21 »

"It's worth remembering how niche this and many wargames items are. I always pitch my prices below those of sold items on Ebay (not the crazy ones people think thier things are worth) and post things here "just in case" as I don't expect to sell them often in this relatively small pool. "

You forget; you have to add "very rare" and "scarce" to get that sale!

I've seen things listed with inflated prices with those descriptors added which are still in production, and genuinely scarce OOP items where the seller doesn't have a clue what they are and sells them for a pittance....

There is definitely some psychology in selling - having a "buy it now" and "bid" prices with very low starting bids can result in a bidding war which exceeds the buy it now price, or mean a low bid takes it. I have had the experience of winning on a low bid and the seller very quickly refunding when they never arrive, claiming " must have got lost in post" where you cannot help suspecting they were never sent......

Neil
Atheling_2006
Hasty Harlot

Post by Atheling_2006 »

Panzer21 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:15 am "It's worth remembering how niche this and many wargames items are. I always pitch my prices below those of sold items on Ebay (not the crazy ones people think thier things are worth) and post things here "just in case" as I don't expect to sell them often in this relatively small pool. "

You forget; you have to add "very rare" and "scarce" to get that sale!

I've seen things listed with inflated prices with those descriptors added which are still in production, and genuinely scarce OOP items where the seller doesn't have a clue what they are and sells them for a pittance....

There is definitely some psychology in selling - having a "buy it now" and "bid" prices with very low starting bids can result in a bidding war which exceeds the buy it now price, or mean a low bid takes it. I have had the experience of winning on a low bid and the seller very quickly refunding when they never arrive, claiming " must have got lost in post" where you cannot help suspecting they were never sent......

Neil
Hi Neil,

I would say there is psychology in everything we do; all of our behaviours be they conscious or unconscious.

I think what we are really talking about in regards to things like eBay is a dumbed down version of Game Theory.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Buying or selling, all depends on what a person thinks it's worth & how much he wants or is willing to spend on it. Sometimes cheap & quantity, sometimes expensive & quality.