Gaynor

Re: Ayton November 2023

Post by MarshalNey »

Definitely not
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

The situation is currently thus, counting me, at present we have 6 attendees. A change of dates is not an option now. But unless we get a minimum of 12 it is not going to be viable, and a cancellation might ensue. This is not a criticism of anybody, I fully understand that people have prior commitments, family issues and other valid reasons for not be able to attend. But this where we stand at present. A smaller number might mean we would have to get a smaller room and then share the hall with other events, and after the Scarecrow nonsense in May, I would happily give that option a miss, hiring the hall for our sole use with such low numbers makes it an uneconomical proposition.

Sorry chaps, but that is how things are standing at present.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Bugger I've passed on a potential race now too. Ah well, this means I'm more keen to make sure I get some shield grinding in next year. I don't think I can go all winter without some good gaming.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Dammit, just when I get accommodation sorted! I think there were a few others intending to come but getting it to twelve might be a push.
If the big event isn't possible I would still be interested in putting on a Dark Age/Imagi-Ancients game on this weekend, even if I just popped down for a day trip, if anyone had a suitable room available.
tim.w wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:57 pm I don't think I can go all winter without some good gaming.
Just convince your better half that she really needs to have a long weekend in Scotland this autumn and "excuse yourself for an afternoon. :D
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Is something using the hotel room not possible?
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Don't panic right away chaps. We might be able to attract more people. Let's give it a couple of weeks. It's just a case of laying out some options for now.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Count Belisarius wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:51 pm Is something using the hotel room not possible?
In a word yes Andy, I don't think they will consider closing that room to other guests for the whole weekend. That said it is another possible option to explore. It will depend on just how co-operative the Lodge is going to be. To be looked into.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I'll make enquiries with the hotel but, while we've had two splendid days gaming in the Lodge's restaurant, the restricted access due to breakfast and dinner sittings does rather limit things.

Watch this space.

Iain