28mm, mid 18th Century for the cost of postage

For trading your quality goods
Spanner
PurpleBot

28mm, mid 18th Century for the cost of postage

Post by Spanner »

Probably only of interest to us Down Underers because of P&P costs, but a mate is getting rid of his 28mm SYW figures. He's sold off the finished and based units and has a box of 28mm SYW odds and sods- 80+ miniatures from various makers- some painted, some started, some undercoated and some bare metal. Rather than sell them online and deal with a lot of queries, he's offering the lot to anyone who wants them for just the P&P cost as per the AustPost rates. David stated he's not going to sort them out by maker, army or numbers of each figures, he just wants to be rid of them- otherwise they'll go in the bin.

He'll weigh up the box tomorrow and I'll post that info then. If yer interested let me know. First come, first served.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: 28mm, mid 18th Century for the cost of postage

Post by Essex Boy »

Andy will be twitching uncontrollably at the sight of your post, Spanner.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I believe that EB's more/less/equally evil "twin" (Valleyboy) has a SYW collection in this size. He might be interested, or not - we should light the Kiwi Signal.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Even I'm not mad enough to buy a random box of figures from the other side of the world...
MarshalNey
Gaynor

Post by MarshalNey »

Even I'm not mad enough to buy a random box of figures from the other side of the world..
Sounds exciting though!
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:39 pm I believe that EB's more/less/equally evil "twin" (Valleyboy) has a SYW collection in this size. He might be interested, or not - we should light the Kiwi Signal.

No interest I'm afraid - I'll be looking to finish off what I've got and sell them in the near future
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

The cost of P&P to the UK would be a major disincentive. but for east coast Oz or NZ it may be worth a look.
Even I'm not mad enough to buy a random box of figures from the other side of the world...
I believe you, Andy. :evilgrin:
No interest I'm afraid - I'll be looking to finish off what I've got and sell them in the near future
Giving up on the period or the scale, VB?
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Spanner wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:18 pm The cost of P&P to the UK would be a major disincentive. but for east coast Oz or NZ it may be worth a look.
I believe you, Andy. :evilgrin:
Giving up on the period or the scale, VB?
a reality check realising that I'm never going to play it and that I need some space, but I want to finish painting what I have first
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

David weighed up the figures and they came up as just over 5kg. That about $25AUD for domestic postage, $136.05AUD (72 quid, roughly) for P&P to the UK.

Why have international parcel post costs have risen so steeply? I've stopped buying anything from the US because they want a kidney and three fingers as well as money for postage, and it looks like Royal Mail and OzPost are on the same track.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I think Greta and our Lords and Masters have got together and discussed "carbon footprint" (either that, or she's promised them that, in return, none of them EVER have to have sex with her).
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.