Battleground Wargames Show - Sat 25th Nov

For your Wargames Wittering
Leon Pendraken
Fallen Woman

Re: Battleground Wargames Show - Sat 25th Nov

Post by Leon Pendraken »

One last nudge for tomorrow! We've got 30 traders, 25 games, 5 living history groups, 2 historical talks, 1 museum display, a fully-booked Tabletop Sale... and a Prize Giveaway!

And don't forget that it's all completely FREE! Free parking, free entry, even free prizes if you're lucky enough!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Phew. Well done Leon and crew! A very enjoyable day. Made £50 from my hour on the bring n buy and promptly spent it. Some great games! I've missed this show and havent been since before the plague. Good to see everyone.

Us lot at Alex's DbN Eylau game. We all seem to look more like each other as the Aytons come and go.

Modest haul. Very pleased to pick up a 1/32 scale Forces of Valor Matilda tank on the B&B for the bargain price of a tenner. Expect a Desert War game coming to a future Ayton some day. Bit of paint, some old mags and some Gripping Beast Saxons to flesh out the Dark Age units.

Some great looking games including a 1/32 WWII game played with Rapid Fire Reloaded. A fantastic WWI game and a Glorious Revolution game in 10mm caught my eye. The Brompton Bankers (Bob, Stephen and Co.) put on a Pikemans Lament game with Border Reiver gangs. Nice inspiration for my 30YW Swedes I'm hoping to paint up next. (Pic below)

Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

It was indeed an excellent day and good to see everyone and roll some dice to dig Peeler out of the hole he'd got the Russians in...

Not sure who the weirdy beardy guy is...

A big well done to Leon and Co.

A
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

A right smashing day was had, good Eylau DBN game with good company, apart from Andy who completely dropped the Russian into a deep hole, and an odd man with a beard. They weren't bad actually. Quite a lot of interest & nattering about the game & rules, which was nice. Overall, a very pleasant show, lots of games on, interesting trader stuff, I think 850 attendance. Apart from lots of tea, I found a few painted nuns & oddities, some village folk, and some dogs. Stopped of at Whitby for humble pie on the way home.
Alex T
Loose Virgin

Post by Alex T »

Yes, a good day at a well run show, good to catch up again with everyone and I talked with that bloke with a beard ?
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Nice little haul there, Mr W. I would be very interested in hearing more about the WW1 game if you managed to acquire any further details.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

It looked like a fun day out.

Willz.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:55 pm Nice little haul there, Mr W. I would be very interested in hearing more about the WW1 game if you managed to acquire any further details.
Grimsby Wargames Club I beleive. I don't have any other details I'm afraid.

Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

Youse Poms really know how to do a good show. Thanks for the piccies, Tim.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Tim - Thanks. It Looks like the same game that was at "T'Other Partizan" back at the start of t'October. I have a couple of contacts there and can investigate further.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.