Legionary 11th May 2024 Exeter.

For your Wargames Wittering
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Legionary 11th May 2024 Exeter.

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

I will be running a participation game all welcome, "The siege of Louisbourg 1747"

Louisbourg June 1747 the Jacobites were defeated in Scotland in 1745 at the battle of Culloden, This history was found in the dusty cellars of the Royal Tiberian library, pen by an author called Jean Luc Pickard.
A little known history of the mid 18th century which was suppressed by the British crown.

Bonny Prince Charlie went to the Americas with French gold and French troops raising a new Jacobite army. Planning to raise rebellion across the Americas, Louisbourg is central to the plan as the French fleet can offload more Scottish / French, Spanish troops and much needed weapons and supplies for the Prince.
However the British got wind of the plan, attacked and captured Louisbourg in May 1747, the Scottish / French have been laying siege to Louisbourg forts and town for several weeks. Several breaches have been made in the walls and the Scottish / French army is assaulting the breaches as the sun rises.

Willz.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Legionary 11th May 2024 Exeter.

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Sadly, a too long and - more preventatively - extremely awkward drive for me, even though I'm probably the nearest (possibly apart from RMD in S Wales). Hope you have a good day and fun game.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:27 pm Sadly, a too long and - more preventatively - extremely awkward drive for me, even though I'm probably the nearest (possibly apart from RMD in S Wales). Hope you have a good day and fun game.
Cheers Baron,
I don't know whether to use my Spencer Smiths of my 28mm metals I used at PAW?

Willz.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Ah, Spensah-Smiffs, sah - every time.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:09 pm Ah, Spensah-Smiffs, sah - every time.
Just spent the last couple of hours sorting out stuff for Legionary 2024, I settled on the Spencer Smiths.
Units are made up of 5 stands of 4 figures, I have made movement tray to speed gaming.
The reason behind the small units is I want the game to move fast and run for 2 hours so I can get 2 -3 games in the day.

Willz.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Just seen the photos on WSS Facebook page. Looks excellent, well done Willz! It looks like its been a cracking show.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

tim.w wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:29 pm Just seen the photos on WSS Facebook page. Looks excellent, well done Willz! It looks like its been a cracking show.
Cheers Tim.

Willz.