LAW Holiday!

For Loose Games & Shows.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: LAW Holiday!

Post by Essex Boy »

Yes, I was thinking October but then I realised it's still 'in season'. There's a school half term break that usually ends at the end of October, so better deals are more likely from November up to just before Christmas. January is possibly a good month for us for the same reason.

E
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Jeremy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:00 am Well first off, we need when and who to determine booking requirements

Me
EB
Paul
GM
Gary

Who else?
Dave
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Although the logistics would be more complicated, we should aim to be flexible in terms of how long people can come for. Not everyone (probably me included) would be able to commit to a whole week, let alone the liver damage they'd be taking on. If we can still make it work with people arriving and departing at different times, that might make it viable for a bigger overall take-up. Just a thought.

Apart from that, ideally the location is somewhere that the maximum number of people can realistically get to, as cost is a factor there too.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Just a thought, chaps, but if you were going for a week-long event, why not make the Saturday or Sunday a Lardy day and let the external (ie non-LAW) Lard players subsidise some of the cost?

Also, bear in mind that the prospect of spending an entire week somewhere not-so-densely populated in the middle of winter is not going to get the WAGS' juices flowing (if you'll excuse the expression). There will need to be suitable alternative entertainments provided/available (and from experience, I can tell you that your better half spending a week at a spa will make your entire lifetime's expenditure on wargaming seem like the loose change you keep in your pocket for the local car park).
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

I don't know if it has occurred to anybody yet, but we (as a group) do have a contact/friend who actually owns and runs a hotel, and might appreciate the business such a booking could provide. Young Alex Testo, up in sunny Scarborough. Just a thought. I'm not entirely sure that many WAGS would be prepared to tolerate a whole week of their lesser halves playing with toy soldiers every day whilst they have to find their own entertainment however.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Can guarantee my wife and child won’t be joining!
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Good points Tim!!
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 am Just a thought, chaps, but if you were going for a week-long event, why not make the Saturday or Sunday a Lardy day and let the external (ie non-LAW) Lard players subsidise some of the cost?

Also, bear in mind that the prospect of spending an entire week somewhere not-so-densely populated in the middle of winter is not going to get the WAGS' juices flowing (if you'll excuse the expression). There will need to be suitable alternative entertainments provided/available (and from experience, I can tell you that your better half spending a week at a spa will make your entire lifetime's expenditure on wargaming seem like the loose change you keep in your pocket for the local car park).
Are you suggesting a supply of toyboys?
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Are you volunteering?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

No, I like my girls Latina in their 20s.