What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Re: What are people buying?

Post by Shahbahraz »

Our local model shop just did home delivery...
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Model shops are a distant memory in this part of the world, but my local art shop does next-day home delivery of paints and brushes AND he knows I'm VERY picky about the brush-points. West of Wales (WoW) Art Supplies, if anyone's interested...
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Should have said, model/wargames shop, Victrix tanks in 12mm, perry plastics, some Rubicon, HaT, Future Wars, etc alongside the Tamiya and Revell kits. I do wonder how they manage to survive.

bangorstu
PurpleBot

Post by bangorstu »

I've mentioned if before but I am blessed.

Bangor High Street has two shops selling GW, one also has Army Painter basing stuff and paints.

Llanfair PG has a proper model shop selling wargames stuff like Warlord, plastic figures, PSC etc.

Llandudno has the wonderful Acme Games which sells a cornucopia of 28mm stuff plus a lot of Flames of War plus a variety of paints and brushes.

And then finally there's a proper old style model shop in Porthmadog which sells anything I could possibly want in 1/72. Oh and a bit of the standard 28mm plastics as well.

So if I need Perry Plastics, Rubicon, HaT, Bolt Action, Gripping Beast, Armourfast, or Plastic Soldier stuff - or brushes or paints - I simply have to get into my car.....

Should any of you lot be coming the North Wales this year I can give directions.

Around here there's no a lot else to do, lots of GW obsessed students and thousands of tourists. And relatively low business rates though Acme does own its own building which is unusual in Llandudno where 90% of the shops are owned by the local aristocrat whose family built it.

So, as I said, I'm blessed.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

At least Llandudno has owners. No one is willing to take responsibility for Rhyl.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Incidentally, anyone bought anything from Paint & Glue lately? It's three weeks since I ordered and nothing has arrived or any email received. I don't recall it taking this long last time.

Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

I've ordered some Perry Miniatures Afghan cavalry from their Victoria's Little Wars range to mix in with my Indian cavalry from Foundry. Also a pack of French Colonels from their AWI range, one to command Typoo's Europeans, the Voluntaires de Bykli, and two to add to the overall command base for Typoo's army.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
bangorstu
PurpleBot

Post by bangorstu »

At least Llandudno has owners. No one is willing to take responsibility for Rhyl.
Which isn't even the worst bit of that coastal strip.... there is of course Kinmel aka Criminal Bay...

Though it does take some balls for someone from Deeside to be throwing shade.... :)
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Penda wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:31 am I've ordered some Perry Miniatures Afghan cavalry from their Victoria's Little Wars range to mix in with my Indian cavalry from Foundry. Also a pack of French Colonels from their AWI range, one to command Typoo's Europeans, the Voluntaires de Bykli, and two to add to the overall command base for Typoo's army.

I'm actually in the middle of rereading the first three (chronologically) of the Sharpe series, I'm very keen to see how your work turns out. I've been so tempted by it as a SP2 project. The only factor that has stopped me so far is the terrain thing... a whole new set would be required.

Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Shahbahraz wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:28 am Incidentally, anyone bought anything from Paint & Glue lately? It's three weeks since I ordered and nothing has arrived or any email received. I don't recall it taking this long last time.
My mates in SA order from them and it’s posted to me, I then send onto them. Currently taking around 4 weeks for order to delivery