What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: What are people buying?

Post by Paul »

goat major wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:02 am I like to use buildings one scale down for larger size battles. My 10mm Napoleonics use 6mm buildings from Timecast and Leven who both do great ACW ranges too
This is the best way to get big battles to look 'right'. Baccus also do some good ACW buildings (which I think are made for them by Timecast).
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

Total Battle Miniatures have some good ACW buildings in 6mm.
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

I bought that there new book on the Napoleonic Ottoman Army from Caliver. I’m quite excited.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Ilkley Old School wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:43 am
RMD wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:46 am
Ilkley Old School wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:48 pm I am well and truly bitten by the ACW bug at the moment. I am now thinking of Fire and Fury using 10mm Blaze Away figures on a kitchen table.
Yeah, I've been loving 10mm Fire & Fury since starting the period a year ago. :moredrink:
I like what you have done with your set up and I am going to do something similar. Although I will probably go with 4 figures rather than 3 per base.
Tidy! Yes, it's definitely doable - my US command-stands have four figures due to the extra standard-bearer. A bit flippin fiddly though, I find. My intention was to do a new mass-battle period quickly, on the cheap and compact enough to play on smaller tables (though NOT 6mm, before anyone says it...).
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Ilkley Old School wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 am Who makes the best 10mm ACW buildings. I am going to need some of these as well.

Any thoughts?
Timecast and Pendraken are both very good. I got bridges and walls from Battlescape, which again are very good (and very reasonably priced). For snake fencing I used laser-cut MDF sets from Blotz.

Have a look at my blog - it's all there.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Jeremy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:05 am I too love Venice. My favorite city so far.
And drier than Manchester!
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

I loved Venice when I went there as 16-year-old, it was a real eye-opener - not least because I had squid and octopus for the first time (as Street food! On the Rialto!). St Marks was marvellous - and no charges if I remember rightly - the Doges dungeons quite scary and the little side alleys fascinating.

Mind you, you need to behave yourself these days:
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 64511.html
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

levied troop wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:44 am Mind you, you need to behave yourself these days:
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 64511.html
So if you fall in the canal, scream for help, get dragged out, laid on a bench to recover and have your wet clothes removed you could end up with 1000 Euro in fines? :evilgrin:
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Essex Boy wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:35 pm I've just taken delivery of the MDF Venice I ordered at UK Games Expo seven weeks ago. Oh my 'kin' god! There's a lot of MDF here.

Five bridges, feck knows how much raised street and eleven buildings - some of them huge. All for £100, delivered.

Now that's what I call a bargain.

What the feck am I going to do with it?
Having had a good look today at the stuff Jamie has assembled so far, it really is lovely stuff. And all 3mm MDF!
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Tanks. I've been buying tanks. 15mm tanks. For WaT. On ebay. Painted. Because life is too short. And getting shorter...

I blame Simon...