What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
bangorstu
PurpleBot

Re: What are people buying?

Post by bangorstu »

The next Chain of Command campaign I'll be doing is Kursk.

Hence I am somewhat disturbed that I've just had to buy some Panzer IIs... albeit very reasonably priced Italeri ones from my FLGS.

By Panzer IIs? At Kursk?

I'm glad I've never been called upon to be that brave.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Warlord plastic Russians in winter coats/hats came today. Not quite as good looking as the new US airborne and GI's. All seperate weapons which is a faff.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

bangorstu wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:40 pm The next Chain of Command campaign I'll be doing is Kursk.

Hence I am somewhat disturbed that I've just had to buy some Panzer IIs... albeit very reasonably priced Italeri ones from my FLGS.

By Panzer IIs? At Kursk?

I'm glad I've never been called upon to be that brave.
Brutal campaign for the Russians from the get go. We abandoned it near the end of the first book as the Russians had no hope of winning. Interested to hear how you go
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

So other than Russia not winning in the end, pretty accurate?
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

FreddBloggs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:18 am So other than Russia not winning in the end, pretty accurate?
In a way. Just wasn’t making for fun games so we canned it
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

I’m toying with the idea of getting a Char 2c for my WWII Frenchies. It looks splendid and carries ALL THE MACHINEGUNS.
bangorstu
PurpleBot

Post by bangorstu »

Jeremy - a friend of a friend whose talked to me about it agreed that it is brutal for the Russkies, but he did scrape a narrow win with them.

It's a medium term project for the New Year. First of all to finish Scottish Corridor (in which I suspect my poor Landser are going to run out of time and/or people) and then a palette cleaner of Cruel Seas.
Neanderthal
First Base

Post by Neanderthal »

Kursk
One of the standard bits of film from the Russian side that they use in nearly all the documentaries show a PZ 11 charging along a road across the field of view at about 2 - 300 yards. Allegedly the film was from a tank but the field of view is a bit too good for a vision slit. It doesn't end well for the PZ11 if I recall correctly.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Norman D. Landings wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:39 pm I’m toying with the idea of getting a Char 2c for my WWII Frenchies. It looks splendid and carries ALL THE MACHINEGUNS.
Same. You can get resin or kit versions from Warlord. You've put me off the 105mm gun.
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

Then I can die content.