Static Grass Applicator

For your Wargames Wittering
Timmo
Loose Virgin

Re: Static Grass Applicator

Post by Timmo »

Wg Cdr Luddite wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:09 pm
Timmo wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 pm
Wg Cdr Luddite wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:54 pm While we are on the subject, can anyone recommend a supplier of really small grass tufts ?
Yes, these folks do 2mm ones. I've some of their longest ones and was very pleased with the quality and colour. When they arrived I thought they would be paler than they actually were. However, when I checked Col. Mike Snook's Sudan book they were a dead match to dry grass on one of the Sudan battlefields that he'd photographed, so I was very happy.

http://www.gamersgrass.com/17-our-grass-tufts
Thanks mate. They would be perfect, except they don't appear to have an address or phone number.

Use the top menu to find a supplier, they list four in the UK, can't recall which one I used.
vexillia
Fallen Woman

Post by vexillia »

Bit late but I have some summer tufts in 2 &4 mm that I don't need anymore. PM if interested for more details and costs.
Martin Stephenson :: Work | Blog | Auctions

BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

So is this as opposed to a mobile grass applicator?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Wg Cdr Luddite
PurpleBot

Post by Wg Cdr Luddite »

Yes. I actually have access to one of the Noch "Nuremburg" (you know- looks like a torch from a Nazi rally) applicators. I have greaseproof paper and shedloads of various flocks. But I picked up a small pack of ready-made ones at a show last year and it is just so much less faff; pick it off the sheet, stick on a base- job done.
Last edited by Wg Cdr Luddite on Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wg Cdr Luddite
PurpleBot

Post by Wg Cdr Luddite »

And I'll be trying Norm's scissor method.
Timmo
Loose Virgin

Post by Timmo »

Wg Cdr Luddite wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:53 pm Yes. I actually have access to one of the Noch "Nuremburg" (you know- looks like a torch from a Nazi rally) applicators. I have greaseproof paper and shedloads of various flocks. But I picked up a small pack of ready-made ones at a show last year and it is just so much less faff; pick it off the sheet, stick on a base- job done.
Yup, I agree, I can't be bothered to make them. I've only used them on one project and can't see me using them again as they don't suit what I'm up to, for various reasons.