Salute

For Loose Games & Shows.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Re: Salute

Post by Tim Hall »

goat major wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:06 pm So a very pleasant Salute weekend. Played briefly in the Lardy game, met Dave and made my bag lighter because I gave him my diecast toys, Met Iain (for 30 seconds because he’s got other friends now) who made my bag heavier by donating a fucking huge bag of vintage ancients (thank you !), picked up a ton of figures for Brendan and made my bag doubly heavy, bought Picketts Charge and Featherstones Airborne Wargaming, went to see Clockwork Orange, went to Churchill War Rooms, bought a book about Saratoga. Knackered now so just a glass of wine and The Archers this evening...
Blimey, that's a full and heavy day, but sounds enjoyable.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

it was two days Tim - i'm not that energetic!
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

levied troop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 am I see that the first traditional Salute whine ‘too many fantasy games’ appeared on a forum at 07:18. That must be a record :lol:
Considering the event was featuring "Post Apocalyptic" gaming one has to wonder just what the whingers expected.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

goat major wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:17 pm it was two days Tim - i'm not that energetic!
:thumbs:
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Tim Hall wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:18 pm
levied troop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 am I see that the first traditional Salute whine ‘too many fantasy games’ appeared on a forum at 07:18. That must be a record :lol:
Considering the event was featuring "Post Apocalyptic" gaming one has to wonder just what the whingers expected.
Never been but always imagined something so big would have a fair amount of fantasy given its popularity.

The size of Salute and its popularity puts me off, had my best show experiences at the small ones, plenty of spaces at games, time to chat to traders. There you go, I'm whining and I've never been! :lol:
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

I’d recommend it once at least, it’s quite an experience. You won’t get to chat to traders (apart from “here’s my wallet, please leave the return rail ticket”) as they are frantically busy, but most games are there to talk to people, I’ve near lost my voice from talking to/at various punters. You won’t see as many games in one place ever and some are bound to appeal, never mind all the new stuff that gets released into the wild. But it can be a little frenetic.
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I love Salute. There is no other show (that I’ve been to in England) like it. You have to go if you’ve never been.

It was my first UK show, two days after we’ve landed so will always be special to me.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

I remember meeting Jeremy at his first Salute- eyes the size of saucers :shock:

I think Partizan and Hammerhead may be the closest, certainly now they’ve moved to the Showground at Newark they have the size and often the quality. Not so frantic either. But Salute does hold a special place in my heart.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Yes off to Partizan next momfth.

I've been to Colours back in the day and that was pretty amazing. I couldnt stay long as I was with friends but I saw some amazing games and got to chat to traders not normally found up North.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »