The Pointy Stick thread

For your Wargames Wittering
User avatar
goat major
Jezebel
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:32 pm
Location: Lincoln
Contact:

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by goat major » Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 pm

No that's fine. You'll notice LT is already a double dipper. What stage are your Mycs at ?
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor

User avatar
Paul
Gaynor
Posts: 1712
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by Paul » Thu May 16, 2019 5:05 pm

goat major wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 pm
No that's fine. You'll notice LT is already a double dipper. What stage are your Mycs at ?
Bought and sitting in boxes and bags around the war/junk storage room.

User avatar
goat major
Jezebel
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:32 pm
Location: Lincoln
Contact:

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by goat major » Thu May 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Ready to prep then. Are they definitely going on ? You'll have to start work on them once we've put you up there
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor

User avatar
Paul
Gaynor
Posts: 1712
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by Paul » Thu May 16, 2019 5:49 pm

goat major wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:06 pm
Ready to prep then. Are they definitely going on ? You'll have to start work on them once we've put you up there
They are........half a dozen even have undercoat on them....although I need to remove them from their round rampanty bases, and put them on 20mm squares

User avatar
Zenbadger
PurpleBot
Posts: 650
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Derbyshire, land of tarts and plague
Contact:

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by Zenbadger » Thu May 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Half a dozen repos painted now. I might finish this unit and restart the project when I have seen if the new GW paints are going to be of any use.

User avatar
Essex Boy
Jezebel
Posts: 2621
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:22 pm
Location: South Essex
Contact:

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by Essex Boy » Thu May 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Paul wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:49 pm
goat major wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:06 pm
Ready to prep then. Are they definitely going on ? You'll have to start work on them once we've put you up there
They are........half a dozen even have undercoat on them....although I need to remove them from their round rampanty bases, and put them on 20mm squares
Are you sure you don't want to join the 18mm base club?

tim.w
PurpleBot
Posts: 741
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:21 am
Location: York

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by tim.w » Thu May 16, 2019 10:25 pm

Men of Bronze turned up today. A very vague set of rules if ever there was one, had to search for their recommened unit sizes, which turns out to be 'about ten'

Now I need to see Simons old skool Greeks to see if I might try something similar.

User avatar
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam
Posts: 4801
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:33 am

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by grizzlymc » Thu May 16, 2019 11:19 pm

Zenbadger wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:26 pm
Half a dozen repos painted now. I might finish this unit and restart the project when I have seen if the new GW paints are going to be of any use.
I'm told that their blues are sensational.

FreddBloggs
PurpleBot
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:39 am

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by FreddBloggs » Fri May 17, 2019 8:23 am

Zenbadger wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:26 pm
Half a dozen repos painted now. I might finish this unit and restart the project when I have seen if the new GW paints are going to be of any use.
They look interesting, but I have two reservations, you should not thin them with water, not sure what you should use except the GW one then, and if not happy around water, are they water cleanable brushs?, and they are in GW pots which do not have a great shelf life rep.

User avatar
Zenbadger
PurpleBot
Posts: 650
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Derbyshire, land of tarts and plague
Contact:

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by Zenbadger » Fri May 17, 2019 4:39 pm

As far as I know they are cleanable with water but thinning with water makes them dry with a tide mark rather than a smooth gradient. It is going to be GW pots but I am ok with that, I don't like Vallejo dropper bottles. I am most interested in the flesh tones, if I can do all the flesh on a figure in one go and then faff about layering the clothing it will make my painting about half the chore it is now. Pointy stick era figures generally have a fair bit of flesh on show so fingers crossed!

Post Reply