Nostalgia

For your Wargames Wittering
Etranger
Jezebel

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Etranger »

goat major wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:00 am Fantasy armies using the Minifigs D&D range esp the orcs, hobgoblins, gnolls, goblins and kobolds. Caliver have frustratingly re-released a tiny smattering of items from this range but not enough to build an army.
And also the The Valley of the Four Winds range! I've got a few but would love to find some more.
Stormwatcher
Loose Virgin

Post by Stormwatcher »

Etranger - I have a bunch of VFW stuff. Can bring to a show next year and hand over to you. Hasn't been touched in 35 years+ so unlikely I'll ever do anything with it.
Phil
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

WW1 in 15mm using Peter Laing.

Don't ask...
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Doing it, collecting 80s Fantasy Tribe Dwarfs from Citadel for project Dwarf, and the early epic Eldar to resurrect my Eldar army.

And of course at Rapier we are relaunching nostalgia figures in the new Runequest/Glorantha range.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Grenadier Orcs and Dwarves with Warhammer 3rd Ed. All not too hard to find, but I have fond memories of playing with all 3 as a teenager.
Zenbadger
Gaynor

Post by Zenbadger »

Well truthfully I would have to say that I would buy my 1980s pastel blue and pink Armani suits but in a bigger size...and a skinny piano key leather tie naturally.

Wargaming wise I would buy some Peter Laing 15mm and a hefty collection of the Traveller 15mm miniatures.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Or just wear a T-shirt with those suits, Don Johnson style
Zenbadger
Gaynor

Post by Zenbadger »

Can't get into the Pink Coconut in "casual attire".

Oh wait, that closed down over twenty years ago...
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

tim.w wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:08 am
Essex Boy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:16 pm I'm lucky enough to be living that dream.

Back in the early 70s no way would my pocket money stretch to a pack of the Les Higgins 20mm Marlburian range. Needless to say the company was long gone by the time I had a bit of spare cash.

I couldn't believe my luck when I discovered the range was back in production and now I have a modest collection of the little beauties.

E
Do you have a link Iain?
Hello Tim,

The figures are sold by John Cunningham in Caernarfon. He bought the rights some years ago and hasn't looked back since. It's more of a calling than a business so he has no website. There's a list of John's stuff somewhere on the web which an American gentleman put together (or so I believe). PM me and I'll send you John's e-mail and the web address and, if you want them, some piccies of what I have.

Iain
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Count Belisarius wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:57 am WW1 in 15mm using Peter Laing.

Don't ask...
Done that. Lovely figures. I've inherited two modest Peter Laing FPW armies. So cute, but I suspect they'll never be used again.

Iain