Shed storage

For your Wargames Wittering
tim.w
Jezebel

Re: Shed storage

Post by tim.w »

Essex Boy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:52 pm I cleared out a friend's sheds a few years back.

Mice, rats, dead birds and millions of dead insects. Don't store anything for too long is my advice.
We have a fishing lake at the bottom of the garden. Rats are huge and numerous. They even get in the house and eat our chocolate.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

:shock:
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

When they’re getting your chocolate it’s time to get a cat. But not this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lbqIRvTgw
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Essex Boy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:52 pm I cleared out a friend's sheds a few years back.

Mice, rats, dead birds and millions of dead insects. Don't store anything for too long is my advice.
Iain's right. And having sorted through a lot of figures taken from that friend's shed, the amount of plastic and lead rot to, what would have been treasured figures from way back when, was very upsetting. If you have had a Britain's "Eyes Right" guardsman crumble to dust in your hands you would understand.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

tim.w wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:40 pm We have a fishing lake at the bottom of the garden. Rats are huge and numerous. They even get in the house and eat our chocolate.
I caught an 18 incher last year. Now I just ignore them and hope they ignore us...although I think we may also have mink who hopefully give the rats a hard time!
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Paul wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:25 am
tim.w wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:40 pm We have a fishing lake at the bottom of the garden. Rats are huge and numerous. They even get in the house and eat our chocolate.
I caught an 18 incher last year. Now I just ignore them and hope they ignore us...although I think we may also have minge who hopefully give the rats a hard time!
FTFY
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Tim Hall wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:33 pm

Iain's right. And having sorted through a lot of figures taken from that friend's shed, the amount of plastic and lead rot to, what would have been treasured figures from way back when, was very upsetting. If you have had a Britain's "Eyes Right" guardsman crumble to dust in your hands you would understand.
Yes I'll be very careful to pack things well and we're not likely to be here more than a few years. My Britains plastics and painted stuff will be kept safe. It'll be mostly scenery in the shed really. I think everything else will slim down.

The attic gets very hot, it would be worse to keep it in there I would think?

Toss up between frozen in winter or cooked in summer.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Metal is probably better baked, whilst plastic is better frozen.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Heat is unlikely to be much of a problem. Direct sunlight is more of an issue, as it makes plastic brittle and can affect paint.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Perhaps you should store them in your bedroom and sleep in the shed?