The Pointy Stick thread

For your Wargames Wittering
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by Paul »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:02 am Not my period, but I believe one per stick is the accepted norm*.
(* Worth bearing in mind that the principal accepted Norm on this website, kills celebrities in his spare time, experiments on primates, and offers blood sacrifices to the north-eastern deity Wye Aye Mun.......)
You forgot 'emasculates radioactive puppies'.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I thought he'd stopped doing that when he went undercover in Greenpeace.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

levied troop wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:12 am DBM and DBA were great, I’d still play them at the drop of a hat.
I had Massive 'Late Republican Roman', 'Sassanid' and 'Alan' armies. The Alans were unbeaten in over a decade of games! I sold them all about 12 years ago and regret it almost daily :(
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I can’t be arsed to scroll through 55 pages of drive, as I know this has been discussed, but what unit sizes are people thinking for infantry, warbands and cavalry?
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Jeremy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:05 pm I can’t be arsed to scroll through 55 pages of drive, as I know this has been discussed, but what unit sizes are people thinking for infantry, warbands and cavalry?
WAB sets no real limits on unit size. But thinking of cavalry in 5s or tens and Infantry in tens or twenties as a starting point isn't a bad idea. (Ties in with the standards set for WFB). It's sensible to have each rank being at least 5 models.
But it's basically whatever floats your boat.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Simon, please trot me down the Kanban corridor to the painting room. The first unit of Gauls for my Lectorians (Imaginations Carthaginians) is almost complete, pending my decision on unit size.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Another question, are people embedding their commanders in units? Or free roaming?
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Paul wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:18 am
BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:02 am Not my period, but I believe one per stick is the accepted norm*.
(* Worth bearing in mind that the principal accepted Norm on this website, kills celebrities in his spare time, experiments on primates, and offers blood sacrifices to the north-eastern deity Wye Aye Mun.......)
You forgot 'emasculates radioactive puppies'.
And violates vacuum cleaners.....
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Jeremy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:30 am Another question, are people embedding their commanders in units? Or free roaming?
If it's standard WAB each unit can have its own leader, gong banger and flag waver within the unit.
Generals and sub commanders are individuals.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Cheers Buff