Festive Figure Fun Fhread

For your Wargames Wittering
Etranger
Jezebel

Re: Festive Figure Fun Fhread

Post by Etranger »

Buff Orpington wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm
FreddBloggs wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:35 pm Sounds good, cthulhu, in the library, with his tentacles. Perfect game of cluedo.
Have you noticed how Cleudo has fallen out of fashion since every copy show on TV has a pathologist who is either old and grumpy or young, female and fit. Cluedo relies on someone who can't spot gunshot wounds, stab wounds, blunt force trauma, strangulation or poisoning.
There's a retired real life police pathologist here whose casebook has been rreopened due to concern about his competency, so far with at least one high profile murder conviction being overturned.

He's also the cross-dressing sub to a high profile professional Dominatrix, something which came to light when she was convicted of common assault on a rival ... Ahh Adelaide, where it's not just the murders that are strange.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

The UK outsourced much of it’s pathology service to a company who can't spot gunshot wounds, stab wounds, blunt force trauma, strangulation or poisoning. And allow their IT systems to be hacked by criminals. So, Clueo, still relevant.

I like EB’s scenario. This year I’m going to play test a Victorian Gothic scenario with a new set of rules and unpainted figures. Just to restore balance I might slip a little CoC into the festivities.
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

levied troop wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:45 pm unpainted figures.
I bet you thought no one had noticed that :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

levied troop wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:45 pm The UK outsourced much of it’s pathology service to a company who can't spot gunshot wounds, stab wounds, blunt force trauma, strangulation or poisoning. And allow their IT systems to be hacked by criminals. So, Cluedo, still relevant.
Privatised to give a better service of course. And of course with the police cuts, amateur sleuths are needed more than ever.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

FreddBloggs wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:59 pm Well the latest version has Colonel Mustard, dressed as Miss Scarlet in the Library while Proffessor Plum, is used from behind by a leather clad Mrs Peacock.
By an odd coincidence, I was contemplating what I'd do with a big country house if I won the lottery and the idea of a standard country house hotel didn't appeal. I considered the idea of hosting discrete S&M events, purely for commercial reasons of course, but I decided I couldn't face having to dispose of all the biohazard waste.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

FreddBloggs wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:43 pm Hmmm nice port, rich stilton fine christmas cake, reminds me, mine needs its marzipan doint this week, snow blizzard outside, heating and my freshly painted macedonians crushing all before them.
A chilled Rose, followed by a Pinot (not too heavy), a selection of salads & cold seafood with a pavlova for Sweets. All consumed pool side as the temperature on Christmas Day is usually about 40.

If you have access to a games' room with A/C, I think SAGA makes a nice game for the occasion. Not too cerebral & the fratricidal nature of it gels well with a family Christmas.

donald
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

Buff Orpington wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Have you noticed how Cleudo has fallen out of fashion since every copy show on TV has a pathologist who is either old and grumpy or young, female and fit. Cluedo relies on someone who can't spot gunshot wounds, stab wounds, blunt force trauma, strangulation or poisoning.
The modern tv cop show formula:
The lead is a male pseudo/quasi/semi-cop: psychologist, pathologist, criminologist, mentalist, crime novelist, academic, ex-con roped in as advisor, whatever.
The second billed character is always an actual police officer, reluctantly partnered with the lead, and female.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Norman D. Landings wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:10 pm The modern tv cop show formula:
The lead is a male pseudo/quasi/semi-cop: psychologist, pathologist, criminologist, mentalist, crime novelist, academic, ex-con roped in as advisor, whatever.
The second billed character is always an actual police officer, reluctantly partnered with the lead, and female.
The only pleasure to be had in such a formula is guessing
(a) when, where, how and in which season/episode the inevitable will happen and they shag each other; and
(b) if, despite (a) - and even during it - they will ever stop addressing each other only by their surnames (surely not ALL of these series can be written by British ex-public schoolboys?).
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

I would not mind, but even American shows do the surname thing!
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Buff Orpington wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:02 pm By an odd coincidence, I was contemplating what I'd do with a big country house if I won the lottery and the idea of a standard country house hotel didn't appeal. I considered the idea of hosting discrete S&M events, purely for commercial reasons of course, but I decided I couldn't face having to dispose of all the biohazard waste.
We tried renting a part of the old house out for murder mystery 'events' but cleaning the fake blood off of the bath became a real chore :)