This looks cool..

For your Wargames Wittering
tim.w
Jezebel

This looks cool..

Post by tim.w »

I like the idea of a solo play cinematic style RPG with miniatures. Never played anything like this, other than a very innovative tank game at a show once where the tank you're in doesnt move on the table but scenery, enemies etc move into view around it and pass by, as though youre trundling along. This seems to have a similar mechanic in the rolling tiles, works well I think.

https://youtu.be/xoL0CuqfufY
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Re: This looks cool..

Post by FreddBloggs »

Looks good.

I have seen a vaguely similar idea years ago for dense forest, where it was squares but as you travelled through it was not linear, you moved to a random different one.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Sounds like a development of Andy Callan's "Forest Fight" rules from the 1970s (and which appeared in either an early Miniature Wargames, or an early Wargames Illustrated) that used a similar principle: each player had his own (different) annotated map - based on triangles, IIRC - but the umpire had the true map on which the actual movements took place, and which also noted where each of the players' maps differed.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

FreddBloggs wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:10 am Looks good.

I have seen a vaguely similar idea years ago for dense forest, where it was squares but as you travelled through it was not linear, you moved to a random different one.
I did one like that about 20-25 years ago based on monster hunting in the woods. Tiles were revealed as you went into then then hidden as you left. You had to follow paths and sometimes the tiles didn't stay the same! Monsters, heard in the forest, moved directly from tile to tile without revealing them.