Framlingham 11-13th October 2019.

For Loose Games & Shows.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: Framlingham 11-13th October 2019.

Post by Paul »

Tim Hall wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:00 pm Paul will be pleased to know that John's Danish army upheld the ferocious and victorious reputation of Scandywegia.
Hurrah! You can't beat a bit of Schleswig-Holstein :)

If i'd have realised that the Count couldn't make it either i'd have excavated the wargames table and invited him up for some Framlingham 'lite'. :(
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Life is far too complicated at the moment though we really should arrange a game sometime....
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Count Belisarius wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:06 pm Life is far too complicated at the moment though we really should arrange a game sometime....
Hope things get simpler soon! I hoping to have the War Room cleared by Christmas, but I'm sure I said that last year too :)
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Returned home today from a very pleasant weekend in Framlingham, good gaming in good company, as always. I have to report that my (borrowed) Brits got a right drubbing from the Danes on day one, and from the Ruski's on day two. (John & Simon respectively). Needless to say, HM forces were well outnumbered by Johnny Foreigner, who was well dug in with defensive positions as he was far too cowardly to come out for a fair fight. Typical. As was the dirty trick that led to the capture of my cavalry general on day two. Still, I'm not bothered by my slapping at all and I intend to buy some relevant figures soon. Oh, good to meet Peter from S/Smith too, pleasant chap, as was new fellow John too. Simon not so much, but we all knew that anyway.
All in all, a good weekend as ever, thanks all, looking forward to the next one already.
Stormwatcher
Loose Virgin

Post by Stormwatcher »

Apologies for having been 'radio silent' since expressing an interest in the Fram weekend some time ago. Looks like a terrific weekend. I certainly missed out!
Ironically, in the search for a bit of a 'winter project' (something to do on dark evenings) I just received the AGW rulebook yesterday. I'm very tempted by some Little Britons. What's the best way to navigate the spencer smith ordering 'system' these days?
Thinking along the lines of a British army (red) versus an Army Black (Pils-Holstein, of course), the latter bearing a remarkable resemblance to Prussians.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Hi Phil, shame you missed it but you must come next time !

I’ve yet to find an easy way to order from Spencer Smith you just need to grit your teeth and work through it ! It also doesn’t help that not every figure needs a separate arm. You can only deduce this by looking at the pictures ! It’s always checking the STS range as well - although they have a slightly different style, the heads seem to swap reasonably.

It’s all a pain but definitely worth it !
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Stormwatcher
Loose Virgin

Post by Stormwatcher »

Cheers GM.
I'll give Peter J a call tomorrow, and start the ball rolling.

When is the next Fram weekend?
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

A lot depends on where Tim H is living next year but I think we achieved critical mass this year where there will be enough people up for it wherever we hold one. I emailed Peter my wish list for marines and naval infantry last week. My matelots will be wearing Tam O Shanters with the badges filed off. Not sure if painting the pompom red would make them look too French.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Stormwatcher
Loose Virgin

Post by Stormwatcher »

It could be your order PJ was sorting out as I called this morning then Buff.

By simply putting a 'toe in the water' today, I feel as if I've started the crossing of the rubicon.
Who do I blame?
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Tim, GM or Howard Whitehouse
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done