Ayton2: - 26th ~ 28th November 2021, thus far....

For Loose Games & Shows.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Ayton2: - 26th ~ 28th November 2021, thus far....

Post by Tim Hall »

:meri: look chaps, here is the proposal. A second Ayton meeting in 2020, dates under consideration (and subject to hall availability) are the weekends of 16th-19th October 2020, and 23rd-26th October 2020. This would be instead of a Framlingham get together. The pros for this are that the venue is not as expensive, and it is more accessible for more of our stalwarts from faraway, much bigger tables and much better lighting. Can't think of any major cons, except the joys, for me, of negotiating the A14, always a pleasure, and the hiring of a special train for General E Pickled. Gary has his own unicorns to take him there.

However it would be my proposal to you all that we keep this as a "shiny" event, definitely with a large 42mm AGW game on at least one day, and perhaps other shininess on the other day. For example shiny Napoleonics, shiny ACW or even an Ancients game. Lord Peeler is currently investigating the booking arrangements, so is there any interest for such an event?

Over to you.
Last edited by Tim Hall on Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: A second Ayton in 2020

Post by Essex Boy »

As much as I look forward to the Framlingham gig, shifting the shiny venue to Ayton makes perfect sense. Count me in - provided the dates don't clash with the school half term (I think 23-26 October might).

Iain
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Yep sounds very good indeed
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

I'm certainly up for it.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

I don't have my race calendar that far ahead yet. Though the later weekend would be possibly the more likely, I think the Oct race will be around the 10th Oct so should be OK for either. I will definatley make the Saturday either way. I'd be horrified to miss another shiny game!

Period tart that I am I have no preference on what else other than the obvious 42mm late 19th Cen on at least one day, preferably the first day. Santa will hopefully be helping expand my forces this year.

Hope this is a goer! I'm assuming there were a few "incidents" at saussage fest that prevents "some" members ever returning, hence the venue change.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

tim.w wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:31 am

Hope this is a goer! I'm assuming there were a few "incidents" at saussage fest that prevents "some" members ever returning, hence the venue change.

No incidents as such, other than enjoying some tasty sausagey treats. But it is a long haul for a few people and a not inexpensive trip either, and as a venue, the Crown is not ideal, the village hall has bigger and better tables, and more of them, and the lighting is so much better. Plus I have my doubts that the room was being locked at night, despite my requests. Whereas we know the village hall is secured when we leave at night.We had a great time this year, but many were missed and the get together is a big part of our events.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

I would view this very favourably. While Fram is lovely getting there isn't. I can assure any waverers that massive numbers of troops are not a requirement for a good game. 2 or 3 small brigades is ample and some members may have capacity to loan you a brigade or two. I will probably have excess guns for hire.

Peeler's Quality Tat (tm) may be supplemented buy Buff's Bargain Activation Marker Emporium.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

tim.w wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:31 am Hope this is a goer! I'm assuming there were a few "incidents" at saussage fest that prevents "some" members ever returning, hence the venue change.
The only drawback will be the lack of high quality sausages. I may need to ask Hotel to stop off in Earl Soham on the way up.
If it is a goer I'm in.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

Well yes, obviously.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

You know what? Why not? It’s Ayton. That’s like compulsory innit?