Russian Mounted Jäger 1813 (AB Figures)

For your gaming pictures & links.
RMD
Jezebel

Re: Russian Mounted Jäger 1813 (AB Figures)

Post by RMD »

Spanner wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:03 pm
Sorry, I was getting with the humdrum boredom of coats, facings, lace, crossbelts, bright colours and tricorns, so needed a short break with some coats, facings, lace, crossbelts, bright colours and shakos.
A change is as good as a holiday, or so they say. I see Mr Barton has put out a few new figures- ACW, Prussians, French, 20mm WWII. So much temptation.....

PS Swedes? Phil B nearly went nuts trying to sort out their flags and uniforms. He even got some information from their army museum- mainly about flags, from memory. You do like the obscure, don't you? :)
There was a very nice series of articles about them in Military Modelling back in the 80s - the uniforms of the Swedish Corps of 1813, as recorded by an eye-witness artist. So I painted the army according to that, plus a few missing pieces from the Rawkins booklet. The great thing is that you don't need very many of them and they have seen action in refights of Dennewitz, when the Prussians and Russians couldn't manage to do the job on their own. :)

ONE day I'll do Leipzig... :thumbs:
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

I think I remember the MM series. I still have (had?- haven't checked in a while) my MM collection at the farm. Not the pre-78 ones- they got chucked out when Mum moved and I was in Brissie- but up until about '93. Lots of good info in them.

Most of Phil's ended up being AB Russian 1812 in a Swedish paint job. I don't think they've ever got onto a table, though.

Leipzig? Using what rules and how much coffee and aspirin?
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

RMD wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:59 am Interesting. I've got Hussars with Sticks.
Well, yes, but everybody does them. These are unusual (even for Russkis).....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.