What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
DougM
PurpleBot

Re: What are people buying?

Post by DougM »

Spanner wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:25 pm Not a fan of Rocky, Doug? I can't imagine why. :evilgrin:

A full scale invasion was off the plan for the Japanese. Oz was too big and would stretch their resources too much, and a lot of resources were still to be discovered, so no great returns to be had. The raid scenarios, or a temporary lodgement for disruption and PR purposes, however, were possibilities that would yield a few good games. The NorForce and Pilbara Regiment boys insist that Japanese did make landings on the north coast during WWII, in small parties (scouts or air raid related?) which avoided contact and didn't stay long.

ET, if you ever get down to the 'gong then the Breakwater Battery Museum at Kembla is pretty good- when it's open. The 6" gun pits are still there, though the dragon's teeth are probably post WWII- and wouldn't have been painted gloss white.
Stirrer... one can dream.

And one thing I think people forget is just how dispersed and small the population of Oz was in 1942. With everything on the coast. 7 million people, mainly in 5 cities, with huge distances between.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Some 15mm Sci fi scatter scenery from Brigade and GZG, I blame Dave!
...ordered roughly 24 hours before I went through my 15mm sci fi stuff and found a a box of scatter scenery :D
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

If you ordered from GZG it probably arrived before you found the hidden ones.....
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Even so Paul, it's the right thing to do!
Pics when you get stuck in please.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Mal Wright, who some of you will know of, is downsizing his considerable collection of armies. I've just bought his WAS/SYW armies, around 6,000 based, painted & organised 15mm figures. All major combatants except the Russians (& I've got an army of those awaiting painting).
:-D :-D :-D Don't tell SWMBO how much though....
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Etranger wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:17 am Mal Wright, who some of you will know of, is downsizing his considerable collection of armies. I've just bought his WAS/SYW armies, around 6,000 based, painted & organised 15mm figures. All major combatants except the Russians (& I've got an army of those awaiting painting).
:-D :-D :-D Don't tell SWMBO how much though....
Blimey! Congratulations.

Pictures when they do a march-past please?

Iain
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Roger, wilco! My employer finally paid me some of 5 years outstanding backpay, something which went to Ministerial level to sort out. So I've reinvested some.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

oh that sounds splendid!!! Its a campaign in a (very big) box !
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Etranger wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:55 am Roger, wilco! My employer finally paid me some of 5 years outstanding backpay, something which went to Ministerial level to sort out. So I've reinvested some.
I wish we had Ministers that did useful stuff.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Having 8 governments means one occasionally gets something right.