Tell me all about Manchester

For your Wargames Wittering
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Tell me all about Manchester

Post by Essex Boy »

Tim Hall wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 pm If I had access to a B52 and a full bomb load Manchester would be top of my target list.
Harsh. Tilbury on the other hand, not so much.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

FreddBloggs wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 pm Second, slough first, well then leeds, staines, milton keynes, all of essex.....
Git
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

HMS Priapus wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 pm Thanks to all for the replies. I shall be sure to bring an umbrella. Sounds like a place I'll enjoy, so hopefully we will be moving forward with the project.

Jeremy - I'll be sure to let you know if and when I'll be in the vicinity and set up my itinerary for some gaming time. Thanks for the invitation!

If there's anything of reasonable size and weight I can bring to LAW types from the States - please let me know and I'll do my best to haul it along for the trip.
Jeremy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:18 pm By all means give us a shout when you’re here. If you stay over a weekend, I’m not far from the tram stop and can pick you up for a game. Jamanicus is also close by.
Might your visit coincide with a show? Maybe a LAW game even.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Its the sex capital of Europe. The nearby town of Bury has probably the highest concerntration of brothels in the UK. It also has a massive gay scene, Manchester Pride being second only to Brighton, although far far more seedy and lurid. There is currently a Spice epidemic, rendering many of its drug additcs statue like and they litter the streets with their catatonic poses - known locally as Spice Zombies.

Jeremy lives there and seems to like it.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Not much has changed since Beau Brummel declined to accompany his yeomanry regiment up there on the grounds that he had not signed on for foreign service.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Buff Orpington wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 pm Staines? What's poor old Staines on Thames done? Not that I've given it much attention since I left.
As for Manchester, some parts are best avoided but you soon get a feel for that.
Yeah, the bullet holes and knife wounds are a big clue.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

tim.w wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:38 pm Its the sex capital of Europe. The nearby town of Bury has probably the highest concerntration of brothels in the UK. It also has a massive gay scene, Manchester Pride being second only to Brighton, although far far more seedy and lurid. There is currently a Spice epidemic, rendering many of its drug additcs statue like and they litter the streets with their catatonic poses - known locally as Spice Zombies.

Aside from the Manchester Pride parade, the rest is a fantastic work of fiction, worthy of Tolstoy!😂😂

I’ve lived in Bury for over two years now, still don’t know where a single brothel is. And it’s a small town. I work in Manchester city center. Yet to see someone on Spice. Fat orange lasses with swollen lips in clothes three sizes too small? Yes, they’re everywhere, but not Spice addicts.
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

FreddBloggs wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 pm Second, slough first, well then leeds, staines, milton keynes, all of essex.....
I second Milton Keynes and their scummy so called football team.

If you are taking out Leeds can we at least spare the Armouries.
Jamanicus
Fallen Woman

Post by Jamanicus »

Jeremy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 am
tim.w wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:38 pm Its the sex capital of Europe. The nearby town of Bury has probably the highest concerntration of brothels in the UK. It also has a massive gay scene, Manchester Pride being second only to Brighton, although far far more seedy and lurid. There is currently a Spice epidemic, rendering many of its drug additcs statue like and they litter the streets with their catatonic poses - known locally as Spice Zombies.

Aside from the Manchester Pride parade, the rest is a fantastic work of fiction, worthy of Tolstoy!😂😂

I’ve lived in Bury for over two years now, still don’t know where a single brothel is. And it’s a small town. I work in Manchester city center. Yet to see someone on Spice. Fat orange lasses with swollen lips in clothes three sizes too small? Yes, they’re everywhere, but not Spice addicts.
I'd take a medium line between Tim W and Jeremy....having lived in Bury all my life, I only really know of 1 swingers club, but like in any town, there will be a brothel or 2!! The 'spice' situation is kinda bad, but its relative to the shit that goes on in every city in the world!! Yes, in the city centre, there's some high-risk levels of vagrancy, but where hasn't nowadays??

LT and GM are right....lots and lots of cultural sights and experiences to be enjoyed and the teams are great 🙂 and, it's an accepted fact that northerners are generally more friendly than southerners...much more likely to say hello when passing a stranger in the street....perfectly demonstrated by Tim H's view point from the grumpy old bugger prospective 😂😂

You'll enjoy your time here anyways!! 😀
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Where are these clubs? I keep asking! They’re clearly well hidden. The Spice issue is no worse than any other big city in the UK, and possibly lower than some