Tell me all about Manchester

For your Wargames Wittering
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Re: Tell me all about Manchester

Post by goat major »

i assume Tim can ask for her phone number next time he pops round ?
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Jamanicus wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:49 am
....perfectly demonstrated by Tim H's view point from the grumpy old bugger prospective 😂😂

Proud to be a Grumpy Old Bugger, and we say hello to strangers in the street where I live, it's only polite....just before you blast them with your shotgun.

:EB: :EB: :EB: :EB: :EB: :EB: :EB:
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

FreddBloggs wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:38 am I understood it was just queensland and tasmania that needed?
Physically they're both beautiful, in different ways. Some of the locals have 'unreconstructed' attitudes though.

Good wine, beer and whiskey in Tasmania too.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

grizzlymc wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 am Actually, the bit that wouldn't be better post a nuclear apocalypse is the thin crescent along the QLD coast, down to Melbourne and on to Adelaide, inland about 50km. And the sort of parsons nose around Perth.

The best thing that happened to Darwin was its flattening by a monster cyclone Christmas 72 or 73. Place boomed for 3 decades. It's now the juvenile arrest and unemployment capital of Aus.

Of course, South Oz was the subject of a nuclear attack... courtesy of the British nuclear weapons programme.

and a link to my favorite tank of all, the atomic Centurion! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQwPBWxFA-c
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Which fought in Vietnam afterwards. At the time, the survivability of armour under nuclear attack was a big question.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

It's a gate guardian now, up in Darwin apparently.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Hope it's good and radio active.
Jamanicus
Fallen Woman

Post by Jamanicus »

Tim Hall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:38 am
Jamanicus wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:49 am
....perfectly demonstrated by Tim H's view point from the grumpy old bugger prospective 😂😂

Proud to be a Grumpy Old Bugger, and we say hello to strangers in the street where I live, it's only polite....just before you blast them with your shotgun.

:EB: :EB: :EB: :EB: :EB: :EB: :EB:
Oh God....I forgot about that farmer!! Haha!! To be fair, the way our streets round here are being targeted by young lads breaking into cars recently, I might do the same!!! Hahaha

Iv gotta say....I do think :EB: & :vblove: are my favourite emojis on here!!!! Awesome....Shame they don't have it on my work Skype IM emojis!! Haha
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Mate of mine once slept in his car for nearly a month. He was charged with grievous bodily harm when they broke the car window and Dennis erupted from under a blanket with a mattock handle. Winged three, the rest got away.

The charges were dropped, but his car was never broken into again.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

goat major wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:30 am It’ll just be like any other Uk city. I never felt in any sense of danger at any point and I was living next to Piccadilly station for 18 months.
Just above the Ian Allen Shop? Would have been good for wargaming and modelling supplies, although it’s now closed.

Just noticed that the good ship Priapus is coming in from the States. In which case Manchester’s crime stats will be virtually unnoticeable.
Salford’s quite upmarket these days, a number of businesses have moved in, including the BBC. You can go along and wave at radio presenters while they are on air. Hotels are generally good to excellent. Also, you’re in the middle of the country so apart from the good countryside as Jeremy says, cities like Leeds, Liverpool, London and Edinburgh are a straight-forward train ride away.
I get lockdown, but I get up again.