Not Exactly a Wargame

For your gaming pictures & links.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Re: Not Exactly a Wargame

Post by Count Belisarius »

I have never been so bored as when watching Formula 1...

Dave.. That game looks most professional and the cars look great.. Would love to see your other games.

A
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Formel De gets regular seasons at the club and will probably come out at next week's Christmas Do,
For sheer brainless family fun Pitch Car is hard to beat, seeing a slightly tipsy octagenarian get competitive is highly amusing.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/150/pitchcar
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Count Belisarius wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:04 pm I have never been so bored as when watching Formula 1...
Formula 1 is, fortunately, not the same as all motor racing shorter races and more evenly matched cars make for a better event for the casual spectator.
However for people who live and breath motor sport the strategies and calculations made off track are just as interesting as the cars going around the track.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Paul wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:58 pm ..... the strategies and calculations made off track are just as interesting as the cars going around the track.
Sadly, all too true.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Paul wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:58 pm the strategies and calculations made off track are just as interesting as the cars going around the track.
I fear that may be true...
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Thats a bit nice. There does seem to be a resurgence of motor racing games in the boardgames world. Seen a few in the Tabletop Gaming magazines. I was tempted by Gasslands but the huge amount of gaming bits you seem to need put me off.

We have a boardgame called Jamaica, which is a pirate ship racing game, highly recommended family fun. Wouldn't take much to make it into a Mad Max style game too.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

There was a Motor Racing game, including miniatures, produced by a wargames firm a few years ago. I think the firm passed the game onto someone else but I can't remember details?
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I recall playing the Chariot Racing Game put on by Rich Clarke at Colours (and other shows, too, I suspect) a few years back. Bundles of fun, just like one would expect from a TFL game.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

In my completely unofficial & very definitely unpaid role as Eureka's correspondent, may I remind you all of their recent release, also suitable for VBCW goings on. http://eurekamin.com.au/news.php?newsid ... uFLRmJrPbR