Ayton Travel Plans

For Loose Games & Shows.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton Travel Plans

Post by Buff Orpington »

Fair point but stacking shelves is safer than bar work which is what she was doing. My son's after a delivery van job.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Good luck to them. I hope they stay safe and well. I have a few applications in and fingers crossed, but so far, two interviews deferred, and I can't blame them. Employ someone on a senior salary and tell them to stay home doesn't make much business sense.
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

FIFO has just about come to a close. I do not expect paying work till September.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

Buff Orpington wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:21 pm Both my son and my daughter in law have interviews at Tesco's tomorrow for temporary jobs as the pubs are shut and there isn't much work for a school lab tech until the next academic year.
Best of luck to them, the supermarket workers are turning into the other heroes of this pandemic.
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

You should have seen the poor sod at the checkout this morning. Woolies have set up purchase limits in the till and each time it rejected a purchase the customer would argue with him in bad English. Eventually, the cashier lost it and gave the customer a right earful in Mandarin. Things sped up after that, but the poor bugger looked exhausted.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

The raft of benefits and support the UK govt have laid on is staggering. Does concern me mightily about how long we’ll be paying this little disease off though.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

It'll be your grandkids, serves the little buggers right.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Jeremy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:21 am The raft of benefits and support the UK govt have laid on is staggering. Does concern me mightily about how long we’ll be paying this little disease off though.
Without getting too political, all those cuts to the NHS, Council services etc over the past decade are looking a bit shortsighted round about now....

The geniuses have done much the same thing in Oz.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Jeremy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:21 am The raft of benefits and support the UK govt have laid on is staggering. Does concern me mightily about how long we’ll be paying this little disease off though.
It'll be paid for by benefit cuts of course, so the most needy and vulnerable will pay so that those earning in excess of £35k can carry on with a lifestyle the poor can only dream of! :(
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

grizzlymc wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:49 am You should have seen the poor sod at the checkout this morning. Woolies have set up purchase limits in the till and each time it rejected a purchase the customer would argue with him in bad English. Eventually, the cashier lost it and gave the customer a right earful in Mandarin. Things sped up after that, but the poor bugger looked exhausted.
Purchase limits don't work as they are at the moment. The urban, wealthy, able bodied folks still clear the shelves, buying 3 x 24 can multipacks leaving just single cans so that those less fortunate can only buy three individual cans. :(
It's helping the spread of the virus as folks are forced to travel from supermarket to supermarket trying to find essentials.