SELWG 2022

For Loose Games & Shows.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

SELWG 2022

Post by goat major »

Is SELWG worth a visit ? i might be in London that weekend en route to work - but it seems to be in the back end of beyond of North London. Should i detour ?
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Re: SELWG 2022

Post by Tim Hall »

I would not make a special pilgrimage to the SELWG show as such, but if you are in the vicinity then it might be worth popping in. I haven't been to see it at at this venue, I only went when it was at Crystal Palace. So at least you will not have to brave the uncivilised wilds of South London, full of strange people who eat their own young and are generally uncouth. The new venue is in a far more sophisticated area of the capital, on the outer northern fringes. It is a bit like Salute (Lite). It's new venue might actually be easier to get to as well. I always hated the trek to Crystal Palace, but then I never liked to go South of the river guv'nor.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I seem to think that the last one got good reviews? Or am I confusing it with another show?
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Tim Hall wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:52 pm I only went when it was at Crystal Palace. So at least you will not have to brave the uncivilised wilds of South London, full of strange people who eat their own young and are generally uncouth.....<snip>.....I always hated the trek to Crystal Palace, but then I never liked to go South of the river guv'nor.
Conditions exacerbated, it must be said, by the Council's refusal to replace any of the road signs that were removed during the recent unpleasantness with the Germans*. I must have attended 25+ SELWG's over the years, but I'm fairly certain that I never came home the same way twice. I still have nightmares in which I'm constantly circling a Croydon one-way system that has no apparent exit.

* 1940, rather than last month's women's footy final.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
MarshalNey
Gaynor

Post by MarshalNey »

Free stabbings?
Neanderthal
First Base

Post by Neanderthal »

I went last year. Not a great fan of the old venue although I went for many years. The new one felt a little odd due to being in he middle of an indoor athletics track but OK. Parking adequate despite a huge drive in covid jab centre in the car park.
New location a big plus for me as I live North of the river. Going again and hopefully putting on a game which sums it up I suppose.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I intend to go, which may lower the tone.

E
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Not at all - the red on your shield is extremely vibrant.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

The new location being right on the North Circular is considerably easier to get to!
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:09 pm

. I must have attended 25+ SELWG's over the years, but I'm fairly certain that I never came home the same way twice. I still have nightmares in which I'm constantly circling a Croydon one-way system that has no apparent exit.

I never noticed what routes I took, I was just happy and relieved to have made it home without deploying the Bren gun.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.