Penda’s Punic Project

For your gaming pictures & links.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Re: Penda’s Punic Project

Post by Shahbahraz »

It's really annoying when you can place more reliance on delivery from an eBay seller than the manufacturer. And then of course you end up with odd numbers. How do the BTD EIR auxilia match up to the Foundry EIR Saleh sculpts, does anyone know?visually they look compatible but size I'm unsure of.
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Was this smaller ephalunt native to North Africa?
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

Shahbahraz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:28 am I have been looking at Foundry myself, but am I right, there seems to be something of a caveat about their delivery these days?
Apart from one order last year which was lost mine generally have arrived between 2-4 days after ordering. I really miss popping over to East Stoke for a good browse of the shop stock.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

grizzlymc wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:25 pm Was this smaller ephalunt native to North Africa?
Apparently, and there's a related species still around, the African Forest Elephant...

grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

OK, I know about them, the Punes must have imported them.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Those cavalry look superb David. From my understanding the Foundry EIR are more like 25mm (Is that correct) and if so what about the Celts size wise?
I ask because I'm on the point of ordering some Aventine EIR and am not sure what to match them against!
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

I was under the impression Foundry had two sets of EIR, the old Saleh scuplts and the midgets.

levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

Penda wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:37 pm I really miss popping over to East Stoke for a good browse of the shop stock.
That’s one of the things I miss from living in Newark, the other one was the market trader that did all the RUB boxes.
Shahbahraz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:12 pm I was under the impression Foundry had two sets of EIR, the old Saleh scuplts and the midgets.
To quote from their website:
“ Steve Saleh [figures] are slightly larger than the Michael and Alan Perry sculpted models that make up the rest of our Imperial Roman range. Many of our customers prefer to use the Mark Copplestone sculpted Caesarian Roman command models with the Saleh sculpted Romans as they are a much closer size match.”
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

valleyboy wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:01 pm From my understanding the Foundry EIR are more like 25mm (Is that correct) and if so what about the Celts size wise?
I ask because I'm on the point of ordering some Aventine EIR and am not sure what to match them against!
The Celts I chose are chunky but seem to fit with my Aventine & A&A figures ok. The Aventine Miniatures Roman cavalry strike me as a bit small, especially the horses, but on the table I doubt you'd really notice.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

If anyone has a stray half dozen or so of the Saleh EIR they wouldn't mind parting with?